The early history of Earth-16 is very similar to the Post-Flashpoint Earth-1's. In 2007, the Queen's Gambit sank and the Oliver Queen and Sara Lance of this world were also stranded on Lian Yu along with Slade Wilson. At some point in time, like on Earth-1, the three of them left the island.
Some time after he had escaped Lian Yu, Slade Wilson had a son, Grant. Years later, after Oliver returned to Star City and became the Green Arrow, Slade, who had previously become the mercenary Deathstroke, also came to the city but was ultimately defeated by the Emerald Archer
In October 2016, Earth-1 Cisco Ramon organized a blind date with Olivia, a waitress of Earth-16 after she answered an interdimensional dating search. As he planned to travel to Earth-16, both of them eventually revealed their real jobs.
Around 2031, Grant Wilson started donning the mantle of Deathstroke, like his father, and built an army which he used to attack Star City during the so-called Uprising. Team Arrow confronted the villains but the latters managed to kill John Diggle and Quentin Lance and forced Felicity Smoak to leave the city: the new Deathstroke then defeated Oliver Queen, outed him as the Green Arrow and cut his left arm. Grant's gang conquered the city while Oliver was forced to go underground, refuging in a destroyed Arrowcave.
Some time after his defeat, Oliver Queen was able to replace his missing arm with a mechanical arm. Eventually, Diggle's son, John Diggle, Jr., who nwo called himself Connor Hawke, suited up as the new Green Arrow to oppose Grant's regime by using guerrilla warfare.
Star City 2046
In 2016, after the Waverider malfunctioned, the Legends of Earth-1 crashed on the Star City of this reality in the year 2046. Upon arriving on this Earth, they wrongly believed to have traveled into the future of their universe as they discovered that the city was somehow destroyed in the past and were welcomed by the new Green Arrow. The Legends could not make their timeship work again unless they recovered an engine from the Palmer Tech's buildings and were forced to split themselves in groups.
Later, after trying to stop a clash between the Green Arrow and the Deathstroke, the Legends discovered that the city fell during the Uprising and this Deathstroke was Slade's son. Then, Green Arrow and the Legends returned to the Arrowcave where an old, armless Oliver Queen was guarding the place. The previous Emerald Archer revealed to the Legends that the new Green Arrow was none other than Diggle's son, John Diggle, Jr.; he also revealed them that his Sara and Ray never returned so they were not there to stand against Deathstroke and his henchmen along with the team.
After a brief talk, Sara Lance managed to convince the old Oliver to side with them one last time so the heroes banded together to confront Grant Wilson's army. Deathstroke's goons were easily taken out by the Legends and Oliver Queen helped Connor defeat Grant Wilson and regain control of the city; Sara offered herself to stay there with Oliver but he refused. The Legends eventually left the reality to return into the Temporal Zone.
Alteration of reality and Crisis
At some point in time, Earth-16's timeline was somehow altered so that many past events were rewritten: in fact, in the new timeline, Sara died in the Queen's Gambit crash; however, decades later, Star City was still destroyed by Deathstroke and Oliver Queen lost his arm in the event: he also did not meet anymore the Legends of Earth-1 in the new continuity.
Months later, at the beginning of the Anti-Monitor Crisis, Earth-38 was on the verge of extinction so, as an antimatter wave reached Argo City, Superman and his wife tried to save their baby son by sending him in the outer space. However, his spacepod fell into a wormhole and crashed on Earth-16 in the remains of the Arrowcave.
The heroes of Earth-1 and Earth-38 later tracked the pod to this reality so Lois Lane, Sara Lance and Brainiac-5 traveled to Earth-16 to rescue baby Jon. Upon their arrival, an upset Oliver Queen approached the foreigners, quickly defeating Dox and facing Sara: after she disabled his cybernetic arm, Oliver had a glimpse of the woman, recognizing her as her beloved, dead Sara. Sara explained him she came from a parallel Earth and tried to make him remember their previous encounter but he did not recognize her and told her that his Sara died on the Queen's Gambit.
Sara realized that the Legends had previously traveled to another reality and told Oliver to not be sad about her as he had made the world better as Green Arrow. Then, the trio and the baby returned to Earth-1.
Later that day, Earth-16 was also annihilated by the antimatter wave. After the Spectre and the Paragons rebooted the Multiverse, Earth-16 was restored to the existence along with the other destroyed realities.
Points of Interest
- Grant Wilson/Deathstroke
- John Diggle, Jr./Connor Hawke/Green Arrow
- Ray Palmer
- Sara Lance
- Slade Wilson/Deathstroke
- Team Arrow
- Felicity Smoak
- John Diggle
- Laurel Lance
- Oliver Queen/Green Arrow
- Quentin Lance
- It was never fully explained why Oliver did not recognized Sara from their previous encounter.
- As Oliver stated that Sara died on the Queen's Gambit, it is very possibile that some kind of reality-altering event, like the Flashpoint on Earth-1, somehow reshaped the reality.
- Earth-16's reality designation is a reference to 2016 which is the release year of the DC's Legends of Tomorrow episode, Star City 2046.
- Along with Earth-2, Earth-16 is one of the most similar realities to Earth-1.
- Although it was never confirmed, as Oliver Queen stated that Sara and Ray never returned from their adventures, this implies that the Legends were also formed in this universe.
- As Earth-16 was featured on Jay Garrick's map of the Multiverse, it is very possible that he also traveled to this reality during his explorations.
- Oliver Queen missing an arm is a reference to Oliver Queen (Earth-31) from Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns saga.
- In a possible future of Earth-1, Connor Hawke, the doppleganger of the John Diggle, Jr. of this reality, is J.J. Diggle's brother.
- Characters from Arrowverse: Earth-16
- Other things related to Arrowverse: Earth-16
- Arrowverse: Earth-16's Comic Appearances
- Reality Gallery: Arrowverse: Earth-16
Links and References
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow: "Star City 2046"
- The Flash: "Welcome to Earth-2"
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow: "Fail-Safe"
- The Flash: "A Flash of the Lightning"
- Supergirl: "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part One"
- The Flash: "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Three"
- DC's Legends of Tomorrow: "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Five"