Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Time to go into the forest... and hunt.
- — Artemis src
Artemis, also known as Moon, is the Greek Goddess of the hunt and Apollo's twin sister.
Powers and Abilities
- Old God: Artemis belongs to a race of ancient and inconceivably powerful beings known as the Old Gods. Because of this heritage Artemis has almost unlimited power.
- Telepathy: Artemis used this when she and the other gods (Hermes, Eris, Hephaestus, and Eros) have entered a mortally wounded Superman's mind and put him through a series of tests to see if he's worthy of being saved.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Enhanced Sense of Smell
- Dimensional Travel
- Cosmic Awareness
- This character is an adaptation of Artemis, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Artemis was created by William Moulton Marston, first appearing in Wonder Woman #5. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Artemis first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 4) #11 by Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang.
- 30 Appearances of Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt (Prime Earth)
- 7 Images featuring Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Artemis, Goddess of the Hunt (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."