Arthur Curry is the Aquaman, the son of Queen Atlanna of Atlantis and the lighthousekeeper Tom Curry. As the first-born son, he has a claim on the throne, though he did not claim it. The throne passed to his half-brother Orm Marius, son of Atlanna's rightful husband Orvax. Knowledge of Arthur's existence came to Atlantis, where he was considered a half-breed and a bastard.
He is a founding member of the Justice League, a team of super-humans who help protect the world from evil.
Claim to the Throne
- Atlantean Hybridized Physiology
- Amphibian Nature: Aquaman can breathe while on land and submerged in water. He can even talk unhindered while under water.
- Enhanced Senses: Aquaman's senses are far superior then a normal person's.
- Superhuman Speed: Aquaman is capable of moving at incredibly high speeds, being able to break the sound barrier under water.
- Superhuman Strength: Aquaman is strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Steppenwolf. He also lifted a submarine out of the ocean, moving a total weight of around 579,283 tons or 525,516,698 kgs.
- Superhuman Durability: Aquaman is able to survive in the crushing depths of the deep ocean. He is also capable of taking heavy blows from Superman and remain unfazed.
- Aquatelepathy: Arthur can control the minds of all sorts of sea life. The sea life doesn't need to be a fish, as he can also control whales.
- Multilingualism: He knows some degree of Icelandic, Russian and Italian.
- Fishing: Arthur travels around the world giving scores of caught fish to those in need of food.
- Weaponry: Aquaman is highly proficient in wielding both the Trident of Atlanna and the Trident of Atlan. As he was trained with it by Vulko on land, he is less skilled at wielding it under water.
- Trident of Atlanna: a five-pronged trident he inherited from his mother. (Formerly)
- Trident of Atlan
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Aquaman. The original character was created by Mort Weisinger and Paul Norris and first appeared in More Fun Comics #73.
- Arthur Curry is portrayed by Jason Momoa. Younger versions were played by several actors:
- Arthur Curry was born on January 29, 1979.
- Arthur was named after King Arthur, with this choice being inspired by Hurricane Arthur.
- 4 Appearances of Arthur Curry (DC Extended Universe)
- 24 Images featuring Arthur Curry (DC Extended Universe)
- Quotations by or about Arthur Curry (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Arthur Curry (DC Extended Universe)
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.