King Arthur Curry is the Aquaman, the son of Queen Atlanna of Atlantis and the lighthousekeeper Tom Curry. As the first-born son, he has a claim on the throne, though he did not claim it. The throne passed to his half-brother Orm Marius, son of Atlanna's rightful husband Orvax. Knowledge of Arthur's existence came to Atlantis, where he was considered a half-breed and a bastard.
He is a founding member of the Justice League, a team of super-humans who help protect the world from evil.
Main article: Aquaman (Movie)
Main article: Justice League (Movie)
Claim to the Throne
Main article: Aquaman (Movie)
Powers and Abilities
- Atlantean Hybridized Physiology
- Amphibian Nature: Aquaman can breathe while on land and submerged in water. He can even talk unhindered while under water.
- Enhanced Senses: Aquaman's senses are far superior then a normal person's.
- Superhuman Speed: Aquaman is capable of moving at incredibly high speeds, being able to break the sound barrier under water.
- Superhuman Strength: Aquaman is strong enough to go toe-to-toe with Steppenwolf. He also lifted a submarine out of the ocean, moving a total weight of around 579,283 tons or 525,516,698 kgs.
- Superhuman Durability: Aquaman is able to survive in the crushing depths of the deep ocean. He is also capable of taking heavy blows from Superman and remain unfazed.His body was able to withstand the impact of a 40mm grenade, which didn't damage his body, but did send him flying back and made him say "Ow" when he got up, indicating that he felt pain when it hit him. His abdomen also had a significant amount of carbon on it thanks to the grenade.
- Aquatelepathy: Arthur can control the minds of all sorts of sea life. The sea life doesn't need to be a fish, as he can also control whales.
- Genius Level Intellect: Arthur possesses knowledge on several historical facts. Mera inquired as to how he knew the names of the Roman leaders in Sicily, to which he replied "That's my pops, always made sure I knew my history", which means his father taught him several things while he grew up.
- Multilingualism: Besides English He knows some degree of Icelandic, Russian and Italian.
- Fishing: Arthur travels around the world giving scores of caught fish to those in need of food.
- Weaponry: Aquaman is highly proficient in wielding both the Trident of Atlanna and the Trident of Atlan. As he was trained with it by Vulko on land, he is less skilled at wielding it under water.
- Trident of Atlanna: a five-pronged trident he inherited from his mother. The weapon was destroyed following his first fight with Orm, where his half-brother managed to cut the weapon in two halves. (Formerly)
- Trident of Atlan Arthur obtained the Trident of Atlan, following him and Mera's trip to the Hidden Sea. He was found worthy by freeing this weapon from Atlan's corpse and wielded it as a symbol of his authority as King of Atlantis. The trident not only proves himself a king of Atlantis, but also enhances his power, enabling him to control every known lifeform in the sea, including the savage Trench.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Aquaman. The original character was created by Mort Weisinger and Paul Norris and first appeared in More Fun Comics #73.
- Aquaman is portrayed by Jason Momoa. Younger versions were played by several actors:
- Arthur was born on January 29, 1979.
- Arthur was named after King Arthur, with this choice being inspired by Hurricane Arthur.
- A popular (albeit untrue) rumor about Aquaman is that he regularly has sex with fish. Aquaman is aware of the rumor, and is rather sick of it.
- 7 Appearances of Arthur Curry (DC Extended Universe)
- 26 Images featuring Arthur Curry (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Arthur Curry (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Arthur Curry (DC Extended Universe)
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.