Arthur Curry is Aquaman, king of Atlantis.
Raised on land, Arthur Curry discovered his true identity as the lost King of Atlantis, an aquatic civilization that rules the Seven Seas.
The son of a humble lighthouse keeper, Arthur believed he was a normal boy until his mother on her deathbed revealed that she was the exiled Queen of the undersea kingdom of Atlantis. As he matured Arthur discovered his remarkable ability to endure the deepest ocean depths and communicate with all sea life leading him to eventually claim his crown as the rightful King of Atlantis. Now he bears the enormous responsibility of leading an undersea nation as well as safeguarding three-quarters of the planet.
Powers and Abilities
- Missing Limb: Aquaman loses his left hand when he becomes a legend, gaining an Atlantean hook hand instead.
- Vial of Living Water
- Atlantean Relic
- Atlantean Wedding Ring
- Crown of Atlantis
- First King's Trident
- Sword of Atlantis
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the video game DC Legends and is an adaptation of Aquaman. The original character was created by Mort Weisinger and Paul Norris and first appeared in More Fun Comics #73.
- 1 Appearances of Arthur Curry (DC Legends)
- 1 Images featuring Arthur Curry (DC Legends)
- 1 Quotations by or about Arthur Curry (DC Legends)
- Character Gallery: Arthur Curry (DC Legends)
- DC Legends bio
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.