Arthur Curry is both of human and Atlantean ancestry and the current king of Atlantis. He became frightfully aware of the primordial entity, The Centre, which was feared and acknowledged by the Atlanteans and was intended to wipe out humanity in the surface world. Even though the being had no quarrel with Atlantis nor its undersea world, Arthur could not allow the surface, his half birthright, to be destroyed. In so he has been following the Centre from the Pacific to Florida's Cape Canaveral with the entire ocean's army of sea life.
There he had his army creating a barrier in containing the turbulence from the Centre and helping downed pilots and crewman during humanity's battle. Also, Arthur was responsible for saving Superman after he was blasted away by the Centre and returned him to the surface after the battle was over, and as well making his appearance to the world. Arthur later then joined the Justice League of America.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the comic book stories considered to be set on Earth-21. It is an adaptation of Aquaman. The original character was created by Mort Weisinger and Paul Norris and first appeared in More Fun Comics #73.
- 3 Appearances of Arthur Curry (Earth-21)
- 6 Images featuring Arthur Curry (Earth-21)
- Quotations by or about Arthur Curry (Earth-21)
- Character Gallery: Arthur Curry (Earth-21)
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.