- I'm not the keeper around here ... you are. So suppose you start looking for him!
- — Major Williams, sassing the screws src
In 1940 retired Major Arthur Williams, ex-U.S. Army, invented a new neutronic bombardment of uranium. Hoping to obtain this invention, a cell of foreign secret agents arranged for Major Williams to be framed for treason and put on trial.
Williams' daughter's boyfriend and future husband was the Flash, who intervened, resulting in the arrest of the foreign spies and the exoneration of Major Williams. At one point in these events, Jay Garrick's superhero identity was revealed, by Major Williams, to one County Jail guard Soon this news was relayed to the City Editor of the Town Cackle, who reported it to his real boss, Mr. Berstoff, a foreign spy. It is not clear whether the Cackle ever published this information. As the front for an espionage organization, the tabloid may have been shut down; the chronicles do not say.
Powers and Abilities
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- 7 Appearances of Arthur Williams (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Arthur Williams (New Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Arthur Williams (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Arthur Williams (New Earth)