Copy Edit Needed
Artin is a robotic member of the Omega Men of the Vega System.
His name is derived from the words ARTifical INtelligence. Artin was constructed by the Psions on Wombworld as a computerized majordomo. He gained sentience and merged for a time with Primus, but is now independent. He decided to remain with Omega Men on the planet Kuraq, the Omegan refuge. He is able to survive even when his head is cut off. But was later destroyed by Lady Styx's Darkstars.
- Artificial Body: Artin possesses all of the various superhuman attributes:
- Superhuman Strength: Artin is superhumanly strong and possesses beyond the human limit.
- Superhuman Speed: Artin can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Superhuman Durability: Artin body is composed of metal. This material makes him durable to most attacks.
- Superhuman Stamina: Artin can exert itself well beyond the human limit as long as he has sufficent power.
- Superhuman Agility: Artin agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete.
- Enhanced Intellect: He also is capable of rapid analysis of huge amounts of data.
- Audio Sensitivity: He can adjust the sensitivity of his audio receptors to a point where he can detect the faintest of sounds.
- Visual Scanners: He is capable of scanning life forms, energy sources and other objects detecting the substances that they are composed of.
- Vocal Imitation: He is capable of replicating and mimicking the voices of other people enabling him to impersonate them and even create his own.
- Computer Interface: Artin can communicate and interact with other computer systems.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 17 Appearances of Artin (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Artin (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Artin (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Artin (New Earth)
|Omega Men member|
This character is or was a member of the Omega Men, intergalactic freedom fighters who operate in the Vega system, one of the most dangerous sectors of the universe. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Omega Men members category."