Astarte, the Empress of the Silver Snake, is a space-roving empress who crossed paths with Wonder Woman.
Hippolyta's sister Diana was murdered by Hercules. Her spirit ventured into the stars, unaware of the reason of her death, eventually finding rest on an ore-rich asteroid. She transformed the gold and silver in this rock to a robotic body to house her spirit. She also crafted a snake out of silver, and became known as the Empress Astarte.
When she came to Earth, she chanced across Wonder Woman, who was escorting a lunar mission for NASA. Astarte recognized the body as her own, and thought she was facing was an evil spirit inhabiting it. Wonder Woman got away, but returned with more Amazons, including her mother. Hippolyta recognized the spirit of her sister, and explained how she died and how she crafted her daughter in the image of her sister. Upon hearing this, Diana's spirit passed happily, leaving a crumbled robotic body behind.
- This version of Astarte, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 3 Appearances of Astarte (Earth-One)
- 1 Images featuring Astarte (Earth-One)
- Quotations by or about Astarte (Earth-One)
- Character Gallery: Astarte (Earth-One)
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."