Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. The average Amazon possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as the Amazons stay on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Amazonian Training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- Laser Gun
- Astarte was created by Jack C. Harris and Jose Delbo, first appearing in Wonder Woman #252. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Astarte first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #51 by Steve Orlando and Laura Braga.
- 2 Appearances of Astarte (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Astarte (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Astarte (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Astarte (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Family member|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.