Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Atalanta was sister to Antiope (Alcippe), founder of the Amazons of Bana-Mighdall. She did not wish to rule, so she abdicated and left the Bana, a lone warrior in the savage world, bringing the message of her patron goddess, Maat, a hard messenger of truth, balance, and justice.
In the last incursion of the Nagual, however, Atalanta failed and Tezcatlipoca's soldiers breached our world, which triggered Aztek's warsuit, leading her, Wonder Woman and Artemis to find her in Thirteen Heavens. The three warriors joined Atalanta in her fight against the Shadow God, defeating him at the end of a hard battle.
- Amazonian Physiology: The Amazons are a race of warrior women that have received gifts and blessings from five Olympian goddesses: Artemis, Athena, Demeter, Hestia and Aphrodite. The average Amazon possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Enhanced Intellect: A gift from Athena, the Amazons have the wisdom to be guided by peace and justice.
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Superhuman Agility
- Immortality: The Amazons were gifted immortality. The people of Themyscira lived forever, though could be killed in war or in an accident. Those who followed Antiope and Phthia and became the Bana-Mighdall lost their immortality.
- Self-Sustenance: So long as the Amazons stay on Themyscira, she does not require food, water or any other form of nourishment to maintain her health and vitality. Although they are not susceptible to the throes of hunger, this does not mean that Amazons don't consume food for enjoyment. The Amazons frequently hold great festivals wherupon food is served.
- Amazonian Training: The Amazons honed their skills in many fields, aided by the gifts from Athena and Artemis.
- Sword and Shield
- Atalanta was created by Dan Mishkin and Don Heck, first appearing in Wonder Woman #317. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Atalanta first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Wonder Woman (Volume 5) #52 by Steve Orlando and ACO.
- 4 Appearances of Atalanta II (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Atalanta II (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Atalanta II (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Atalanta II (Prime Earth)
|Wonder Woman Family member|