"Intruder Alert!": The year is 2005. An Irish agent named Li San O'Rourke sneaks into the Atari Institute headquarters in Northcal. She manages to bypass the ultra frequency force fields and infiltrates Security Base Station sublevel 7. She makes her way towards a research program known
- Science Fiction is simply a reality that hasn't happened yet.
Atari Force #1 is an issue of the series Atari Force (Volume 1) published in 1982.
Synopsis for "Intruder Alert!"
The year is 2005. An Irish agent named Li San O'Rourke sneaks into the Atari Institute headquarters in Northcal. She manages to bypass the ultra frequency force fields and infiltrates Security Base Station sublevel 7. She makes her way towards a research program known as Project: Multiverse.
Meanwhile, Commander Martin Champion and several other scientists perform exterior repair jobs on Atari Solar Satellite Station One. One of the satellite panels breaks away and Champion flies over with his jetpack to repair it. After securing the panel, he consults with his colleague Dr. Lucas Orion. Moments later, Atari assistant director Lydia Perez contacts them and instructs them to report to the Institute.
Appearing in "Intruder Alert!"
- Jackson (a space station engineer) (Single appearance)
- Lansky (a space station engineer) (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Deadly Orbit"
Martin reflects upon the first time that he met Lydia Perez. In October of 1998, an enemy nation launched a meteor weapon at the NASA colony stationed on the moon. The meteor wiped out 75% of the colonists, leaving ten workers trapped in the ruins of a laboratory. NASA director Lasky sent astronaut Martin Champion on an emergency mission to rescue the survivors. En route, he linked up with Space Station One crew chief, Lydia Perez. Together, they boarded a shuttle and executed emergency operations on the surface. This brutal attack signaled the beginning of what would come to be known as the Five-Year War.
Appearing in "Deadly Orbit"
- Lasky (a director at NASA) (First appearance)
Synopsis for "Final Approach"
Martin Champion and Lucas Orion take the space shuttle Armstrong back towards New Earth. As they come closer towards the Atari Institute, Orion reflects upon his own experiences during the Five-Year War.
He was working as a physician for the UN Medical Corps providing relief aid in Africa. While driving with a fellow medic, a mortar shell blasted their jeep killing the medic. Orion survived and realized that he has little chance of perpetuating any positive effect in this war-torn nation. He resigned from the Corps and accepted a position as the director of medical research for the Atari Institute.
Lucas and Martin arrive at the Atari Institute and meet up with Lydia Perez. She tells them that their presence is required in connection to Project: Multiverse.
Meanwhile, Li San O'Rourke makes her way deeper into the facility.
Appearing in "Final Approach"
- The first Atari Force comic series was published by DC Comics, but released by Atari, Incorporated. These 5x7 comics were packaged with various Atari console games for the Atari 2600 video game system.
- Mohandas Singh appears on the cover to this issue, but does not make his actual first appearance until the first story in issue #2
Links and References
- Atari, Inc. article at Wikipedia
- Atari Force article at Wikipedia
- Atari Force Headquarters
- Atari Age
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #1 (Atari Force team page)
- Grand Comics Database (creator credits)