"Phoenix": The synopsis for this issue has not yet been written.
Atari Force #4 is an issue of the series Atari Force (Volume 1) published in 1982.
Appearing in "Phoenix"
- Bob Marcus
- David Marcus
- Scanner One
Synopsis for "Phoenix"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This issue was originally printed in New Teen Titans (Volume 1) #27 and DC Comics Presents #53 as an Atari Force preview story called "Liberator Mission: Freedom Or Death". The primary differences between the original preview and the final version was the change of the ship's name from Liberator to Phoenix (to connect the story to the videogame cartridge it was published with), and the appearance of the Maglaglon, who in the original version were made to look like frogs but in the final version were given a more sinister reptilian appearance. The story itself became the premise of the Atari arcade game Atari Force: Liberator, which was released in 1982.
- Whereas the first three issues of this series were 52 pages long, issues #4 and #5 are only 20 pages long.
- This issue was packaged with the Phoenix video game for the Atari 2600.
Links and References
- Atari, Inc. article at Wikipedia
- Atari Force article at Wikipedia
- Atari Force Headquarters
- Atari Age
- Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #1 (Atari Force team page)
- Grand Comics Database (creator credits)