The A.T.A.R.I. Institute was a think tank who created the Atari Force to look for a new planet.
The group was created around the time of the Five-Year War when governments were collapsing. It specialized in developing technology that would serve humanity's needs as they sought to conquer problems that would emerge in the new post-war environment. One of its achievements was the development of an experimental starship called Scanner One that was capable of traveling through various realities through the use of a Multiversal drive. With Scanner One, the institute's selected team, the Atari Force had successfully found a suitable home planet that Earth's residents could relocate to. Following the relocation, A.T.A.R.I. became the governmental body of New Earth, though over time it started to fall into the vice of developing experimental weapons for unrevealed purposes.
- Originally the Atari Institute was referred to as the Atari Technology and Research Institute. It wasn't until Atari Force (Volume 2) that the firm's name was changed to Advanced Technology and Research Institute.
- The building design of the Atari Institute is based upon the company logo of Atari, Incorporated.
- The Atari Institute is fortified with ultra frequency sonic force fields.
- Appearances of Atari Institute
- Location Gallery: Atari Institute
- Catalogued images related to Atari Institute