King Atlan was the first ruler of Atlantis, and the one responsible for its sinking.
King Atlan ruled over the surface city of Atlantis and lead it to its golden age. He had the finest craftsmen create a trident from Poseidon's steel, which legends held could command the sea. But amid the technological advancement, the kingdom became too ambitious. Atlan used the trident to power a new device, which lead to disaster. The city crumbled and sank, and though many died in the collapse, the trident's magic gave the survivors the ability to live under water. As a punishment for the downfall, Atlan exiled himself, sitting on a throne with the trident. And on that throne, he died. His trident and armor was reclaimed by Arthur Curry millennia later.
Powers and Abilities
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Atlan. The original character was created by Peter David and Esteban Maroto and first appeared in Atlantis Chronicles #5.
- Atlan is portrayed by Graham McTavish in Aquaman. Actor Julian Lewis Jones portrays an unnamed ancient Atlantean king in Justice League and the same character in Zack Snyder's Justice League, but it was confirmed in the latter film that this king was Atlan.
- 2 Appearances of Atlan (DC Extended Universe)
- 2 Images featuring Atlan (DC Extended Universe)
- Quotations by or about Atlan (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Atlan (DC Extended Universe)
- Proud to stand side-by-side with King Atlan. #SnyderCut. Zack Snyder's Justice League. Twitter (March 19, 2021). Retrieved on May 24, 2021.
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.