Long ago, Atlan was one of three children (the others being Haumond and Kraken) born to Atlantis' King Honsu and his queen Lorelei. As he grew, Atlan's hair turned blond, and many believed this to mean he carried the Curse of Kordax. For a while, he was banished from Poseidonis (Atlantis' capital city) and explored the surface world. When he returned home, Atlan told of life on the land, and his revelations led Honsu to invade the surface world.
Many years later, Atlan's spirit visited Atlanna, Queen of Atlantis, and impregnated her. The child, Orin, was born with blond hair and abandoned because of this. He later grew up to become Atlantis' king and the hero known as Aquaman. Atlan also sired another child with an Eskimo woman. This child, Orm Marius, was destined to battle Orin as Ocean Master. Atlan has also gifted Aquaman's adopted son Garth with formidable mystical abilities.
- Atlantean Biological Adaptation: Atlan was born with the amphibious ability to breathe underwater, and is able to endure the extreme pressures of the deep ocean.
- 36 Appearances of Atlan (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Atlan (New Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Atlan (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Atlan (New Earth)
|Aquaman Family member|
This character is or was an ally of Aquaman, and a member of the Aqua-Family and/or its supporting cast. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Aquaman Supporting Cast" category. See also: Aquaman Villains.