- I am lust. I am life well lived. I am the union of opposites.
- -- Atlantiades src
One of the Gods of Love called the Erotes, Atlantiades, more commonly called Hermaphroditus, is the God of Androgyny and Unions, Lust and Desire, among several other things, in the Greek Pantheon of Gods. Atlantiades is the eldest child of Aphrodite, the Goddess of Love; she made them from her body, something not even Zeus could match, for her own pride, and Atlantiades grew resentful of their mother because of it.
- Old God Physiology: Atlantiades belongs to a race of ancient and inconceivably powerful beings known as the Old Gods. Because of this heritage Atlantiades possesses almost unlimited power.
- Cosmic Awareness: Atlantiades, like all Old Gods, is aware of the multiverse and the realms that lie beyond. This knowledge gives them an understanding of the universe and all life that transcends the capabilities of normal mortals.
- Immortality: As an Old God Atlantiades has been worshipped by the ancient Greeks and Romans, this makes them at least a few millennia old.
- Mind Control: Atlantiades commands complete mental dominion over Cupids. Their control of these winged babies is strong enough that even Aphrodite herself cannot wrestle control of the Cupids from her child.
- Mind Reading
- Emotion Manipulation: Atlantiades has the power to manipulate and enhance the emotions of people, particularly lust. They can rip down a person's moral boundaries which allows them to act on any desire they choose.
- Wings: Atlantiades has wings sprouting from their back like an angel.
- This character is an adaptation of Hermaphroditus, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- Hermaphroditus is called Atlantiades by the gods after Aphrodite's grandfather Atlas, although in Greek mythology Hermaphroditus is actually called Atlantiades because their father Hermes is grandson of Atlas by his mother Maia. (See Aphrodite's Trivia for more)
- Because the God is a junction of a male and a female being (half of their body is male and the other half is female), Atlantiades uses gender neutral pronouns (singular they/them).
- 7 Appearances of Atlantiades (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Atlantiades (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Atlantiades (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Atlantiades (Prime Earth)