Atom-Master was a disgruntled scientist turned criminal.
His crowning inventive achievement was a special helmet which is capable of projecting illusions onto congealed dust motes in the air, and then solidifying them enough so that they would behave according to the Atom-Master's will. Using this device, he began a crime wave, which was stopped by Superman and Batman. The Atom-Master was then imprisoned for his crimes.
Some years later, he managed to escape, and briefly fought Superman again, escaping capture. He was then recruited into a group called the Forgotten Villains, each of whom had a score of his or her own to settle with the law. As a member of this group, the Atom-Master (now with a improved molecular-controlling helmet) has done battle with Superman, the Forgotten Heroes, and Resurrection Man; during this latter encounter, the Forgotten Villains were working alongside Vandal Savage.
In the aftermath of the battle with Resurrection Man, the Atom-Master was captured and once again imprisoned.
- Illusion-casting Helmet: Capable of projecting illusions onto congealed dust motes in the air, and then solidifying them enough so that they would behave according to the Atom-Master's will.
- (Improved) Molecular-Controlling Helmet: Permits Molecular Reconstruction at a level which he could create living beings.
- Ultivac: Atom-Master seems have stolen the Mr. Poseidon ring which controls the giant android Ultivac.
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-One era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and should be considered apocryphal.
- 8 Appearances of Atom-Master (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Atom-Master (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Atom-Master (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Atom-Master (New Earth)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
|Forgotten Villains member|
This character is or was a member of Forgotten Villains, a group of criminals who banded together to conquer the universe.