Ayla Ranzz, known by the superhero aliases Lightning Lass and Light Lass and Gossamer, is a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes in the 30th Century. Her homeworld is Winath and her power is controlling electricity.
This version of Ayla Ranzz is one of the Batch SW6 Legionnaires, a younger version of the Legion's existing adult Ayla Ranzz introduced during the "Five Years Later" era. Batch SW6 were originally believed to be clones created by the Dominators, but later revealed as time-paradox duplicates engineered by the Time Trapper. The events of Zero Hour erased them and their adult counterparts, replacing them with the Reboot Legion.
Powers and Abilities
- The character Lightning Lass was originally created by Edmond Hamilton and John Forte, first appearing in Adventure Comics #308 (1963). The Batch SW6 version was created by Keith Giffen, Tom Bierbaum, and Mary Bierbaum, first appearing in Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4) #24 (1991).
- It is unclear exactly when Batch SW6 were taken out of their own time. The group includes a version of Triplicate Girl who hasn't lost a body to Computo and become Duo Damsel yet. The presence of Ferro Lad suggests it was during his brief tenure, although he joined after the Computo incident.
- 22 Appearances of Ayla Ranzz (SW6)
- 3 Images featuring Ayla Ranzz (SW6)
- Quotations by or about Ayla Ranzz (SW6)
- Character Gallery: Ayla Ranzz (SW6)
Legion of Super-Heroes member