- Gee...I don't know. Will it work? A different costume...
Synopsis for "No Man's Land: Resurrection"
Batman asks Azrael to take down Scratch and provides him with a new costume. Azrael asked Oracle's help to find some inforcation on Scratch and she told him about a former partner called Curt Lade. Meanwhile, Scratch sends his men to silence Lade by killing him.
Azrael finds Lade and question him about Scratch, unfortunately, they were attacked by some local villagers and then by Scratch's minions. Azrael fought them as well as he could but he was outnumbered and soon he was knocked down. Scratch's men tied Azrael, Lade and the villagers and then they set the house on fire. Azrael woke up just in time to free himself by taking off his costume and saving the men around him. The house was burned to the ground as the old Azrael cotume. Jean-Paul noticed that Lade was gone after he took the man out of the house. Jean-Paul was about to leave it all behind but then he remembered about the new costume Batman gave him and so Jean-Paul said farewell to the old Azrael and welcomed the new Azrael.
Appearing in "No Man's Land: Resurrection"
- Nicholas Scratch
- Scratch's Men
- Ezra (Only appearance; dies)
- This issue, part of the No Man's Land storyline, takes place between the events in Detective Comics #730 and Azrael: Agent of the Bat #51.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: Road to No Man's Land Vol. 2 (Collected).
- This is the first issue in which Azrael appears in his Agent of the Bat costume.
- There is a reference to Alfred Hitchcock's movies.
- Azrael Recommended Reading
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.