"Miracle Run!": Jean-Paul changed into the new costume that Batman provided him, but the special abilities were not triggered by it like the old costume. Azrael tried to call some help when he was attacked by the villagers. He used his
- As for my clothing...don't you recognize the new red cross uniform? Get a clue, guys.
- — Azrael
Synopsis for "Miracle Run!"
Jean-Paul changed into the new costume that Batman provided him, but the special abilities were not triggered by it like the old costume. Azrael tried to call some help when he was attacked by the villagers. He used his wits to outsmart them and avoided a fight as he knew he wouldn't be able to defeat them in that costume.
Azrael searched for Curt Lade and found him in a nearby church, hiding from possible threats. They discussed about Nicholas Scratch's past and Azrael learned about a possible location. Meanwhile, Scratch's minions were stranded in a nearby farm and they decided to make sure that their job was done and went back to kill any survivor.
Azrael was walking out of the church when a lighting struck just beside him and then a second one almost hit him. Scratch's demons arrived at that moment armed with pitchforks and Azrael knew that he wasn't able to fight them, but in that moment a third lightning hit him. The demons started to leave when Azrael got on his feet and started to fight them with a combat prowess never seen before. Azrael took them down with ease and he realized that the lightning might have done something in his brain.
Azrael moved on and started to look for Scratch in the place Lade told him about. Azrael get into a hut to find it empty, he found a note written by Scratch posted to a wall and it was addressed to him telling him that Scratch was heading to Gotham City.
Appearing in "Miracle Run!"
- Dr. Curt Lade
- Nicholas Scratch's Minions
- Asphodel Police Department
- Asphodel villagers
- Dixon Lake
- No Man's Land previous chapter is Azrael: Agent of the Bat #50 and it is continued in Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #116.
- This issue is reprinted in Batman: No Man's Land (2011/2012 Edition) Vol 1.
- This is the first issue in which Azrael's Speech balloons are drawn in a different way, to differentiate his voice when he is Azrael and Jean-Paul Valley.
- Azrael Recommended Reading
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.