- Don't bother me! I'm busy being upset!
- — Joker
Appearing in "Evacuation"
Synopsis for "Evacuation"
Joker is thinking that Batman and the GCPD might be working on some plan against him and so he recruits a thug that is willing to dress up as him and wander the streets in order to learn about any unusual activity.
Azrael and Batgirl arrive at Joker's territory and begin telling the people to move away to Blue Boys territory. They evacuate a place filled with children but they don't notice that a little girl is left behind. Azrael and Batgirl move to a collapsed building to tell the people inside to move out but they realize that the people are Joker's henchmen. Out of the shadows comes Joker and they attack Batgirl and Azrael. The two of them knock them all out and Batgirl attacks Joker and knocks him down. Azrael is surprised but then they realize that the man isn't the real Joker. They move out and continue to evacuate the zone.
Azrael and Batgirl think they are finished but they learn that there are still someone in the danger zone. That moment, Joker finds the little girl that was left behind and tells her that he will use her as a hostage. Azrael and Batgirl find Joker and his group, but this time they think that it is another man posing as the real Joker. Without any fear, Azrael rescues the girl and advises the clown to take off the makeup and the wig. Joker is completely shocked by Azrael's reactions and he forgets to tell his troops to attack the duo.
When they are far from the danger zone, Azrael talks to Batgirl and is thankful that they never encountered the real Joker. Azrael looks at the little girl and tells her that she is safe now.
- The events of this issue take place after Batman: Shadow of the Bat #93. No Man's Land continues in Batman #573.
- Despite the established reading order, the next issue, Batman: No Man's Land #0 is not the next part of the storyline but instead a prequel to the No Man's Land crossover.
- There is a reference to Paul Revere.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Azrael: Agent of the Bat Vol 1 60 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Azrael: Agent of the Bat series
- Images from Azrael: Agent of the Bat Vol 1 60
- Azrael Recommended Reading
Links and References
|No Man's Land Crossover|
This issue is a part of the Batman: No Man's Land crossover that swept through all Batman Family Titles during 1999. Gotham City was declared by the President to be no longer a part of the United States after the combined disasters of Contagion, Legacy and Cataclysm.