Appearing in "Contagion, Part Five: Requiem for an Immortal"
Synopsis for "Contagion, Part Five: Requiem for an Immortal"
Azrael reads Kendall Stuart's diary and discovers who the other survivors to the virus are: a chinese criminal named Fong and a girl named Leanore. Azrael and Selina Kyle were driving a stolen car they took in Canada. Azrael asked Oracle for some information over the character Fong. Oracle provided the location of the man but before they could set out, Tracker attacked them. They decided to make a truce until they captured Fong.
Fong was staying in a yatch near San Francisco. Fong believed that he was some kind of "superman" because he survived the plague and dared his cronies to try to hurt him to prove it. They wouldn't do it but he was cutting himself to prove them that he was inmortal. The unlikely alliance of Azrael, Catwoman and Tracker were on the way to find Fong. While flying, Azrael contacted Lilhy to discuss their feelings. When they arrived at Fong's yatch, Azrael took down all the henchmen and Tracked broke down the door to Fong's chamber. Catwoman offered Fong a one million dollars of the payment for some samples of his blood and Tracker threatened to hurt him badly if he didn't cooperate but Fong refused saying that money is nothing compared to eternal life and to prove he was immortal he stabbed a knife through his heart killing himself almost immediately; leaving the trio without money and Gotham City with less hope.
- Despite being labeled as part 4; this issue is part 5 of the Batman: Contagion storyline. This is a misprint, as the numbers were mixed up with Catwoman #31.
- The events of this issue takes place between Catwoman #31 and Batman #529.
- This issue is reprinted in the Batman: Contagion collected edition, as well as the 2016 edition.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Azrael Vol 1 15 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Azrael series
- Images from Azrael Vol 1 15
- Azrael Recommended Reading
Links and References
The events from this issue are related to the Contagion crossover that went through the Batman Family Titles in 1996, in which Gotham City had an epidemic of a mutant strand of the Ebola virus. The events of Contagion lead into Batman: Legacy, Batman: Cataclysm, and ultimately No Man's Land.