"Angel in the Dark": Azrael tracks down a serial killer, while at the same time struggling with personal issues and what it means to be the "good guy." Meanwhile, a series of scenes from six months into the future show Michael Lane's mac
- See heaven! Feel hell! And know that you're forever lost between the two!
- — Azrael
Appearing in "Angel in the Dark"
- Gotham City Police Department
- Jenny Lane
- Order of Purity
- Salt in the Wounds Killer (Single appearance)
- Douglas Calnahan (Mentioned only)
- Elizabeth Nichols (nun)
- Jean-Paul Valley (In a photograph only)
- Jimmy (Flashback only)
- Marion Lane (In a photograph only)
- M.J. Lane (In a photograph only)
- Tamara Lane (In a photograph only)
- Walter Jankowski (Flashback only)
- William Tucker (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City
Synopsis for "Angel in the Dark"
Azrael tracks down a serial killer, while at the same time struggling with personal issues and what it means to be the "good guy." Meanwhile, a series of scenes from six months into the future show Michael Lane's macabre but strange fate.
- This book was first published on October 21, 2009.
- This issue is reprinted in the Azrael: Angel in the Dark collected edition.
- Michael Lane is seen crucifying himself in flash-forward at the end of this issue. These events are not covered by current writer Fabian Nicieza but will later be explored in David Hine's Three Mysteries storyline.
- Bullock mentions a previous Azrael killing an undercover cop. This is a reference to Death's Dark Knight. Jenny Lane also talks about her affair with Michael and one of her children believing they saw him in a Batsuit, both of which are references to the same storyline.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Azrael Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Azrael series
- Images from Azrael Vol 2 1
- Azrael Recommended Reading