Azzarene was a thief-turned-vampire in the 1st Century.
A thief and murderer (though only in self-defense), Azzarene lived in Jerusalum in the 1st Century. He was attacked by vampires and turned into one, and as he killed to feed, he began to question his path. Azzarene found his answers when he was awoken one day by a strange pull, which told him to go to the hill of Golgotha, and that for today only he would be able to walk in the light. There, the lost vampire found the recently crucified Jesus Christ, and following the strange pull, drank his spilling blood. From this, Azzarene's vampiric thirst was sated forever, replaced merely with faith in Christ. This made him a loyal disciple to the Christian faith, and he was given the responsibility of protecting the Holy Grail. Eventually he gives the Grail to Andrew Bennett at behest of the Lords of Order.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: A vampire's senses are enhanced far beyond those of a normal human being.
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Vampires often demonstrate the ability to alter their appearance at will.
Azzarene does not have the normal vampiric bloodlust, due to drinking Christ's blood.
- 2 Appearances of Azzarene (New Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Azzarene (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Azzarene (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Azzarene (New Earth)