An archeologist on his homeworld of Mars, B'arzz discovered a Reach Scarab during a dig. The alien weapon bonded to his spine and took control of him, turning the Martian into an unwilling agent of the invaders.
Green Beetle was sent to Earth to earn the trust of the Justice League and help destroy them from within. In time, the plot was discovered and B'arzz was freed from the Reach's control in a magical ritual.
Green Beetle attempted to assist the Team in fighting the Reach, but his scarab was destroyed in combat with Black Beetle.
- Martian Physiology: The average Martian possesses the potential for the following power set:
- Shape-Shifting: Martians have psionic control of their physical for down to the molecular level. This allows them to a form of shape-shifting that allows them to mimic other forms, elongate aspects of their body, increase or decrease their physical size, and so on.
- Invisibility: Martians can cause the biopolymers in their bodies to lose their ability to reflect light, making the Martians invisible to normal light and human sight.
- Phasing: Martians can go through solid matter.
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Stamina
- Extrasensory Input
- Super Hearing
- Martian Vision: Martian visual acuity greatly exceed human norms and allows for a wider range of information to be observed. This includes the following:
- Telepathy: Martians have the ability to read the minds of others and project their thoughts to varying degrees. They can also project their mental essences into a gestalt community known as the "Great Mind". Through this, the community can enhance the telepathic strength of other Martians. This power can also enable them to reverse the effects of amnesia or psychological brainwashing. 
- Astral Projection
- Mind Control: As an extension of this, Martians can also use the ability to alter a psychological profile of a target, enabling them to manipulate, and in some cases, outright control that individual. This practice is greatly discouraged however, and only rarely used. 
- Telepathic Relay
- Telepathic Assault
- Vulnerability to Fire: Martians are much more vulnerable to fire than the average Earth human. At times this has been portrayed as physical, psychological, or a combination of the two. The effect of this is to strip any Martian of their powers as they involuntarily lose control of their body.
- Green Beetle was voiced by Phil LaMarr.
- Green Beetle's real name is a play on the word "Barsoom", the name given to Mars by its native inhabitants in the John Carter of Mars series of novels by Edgar Rice Burroughs.
- Appearances of B'arzz O'oomm (Earth-16)
- Images featuring B'arzz O'oomm (Earth-16)
- Quotations by or about B'arzz O'oomm (Earth-16)
- Character Gallery: B'arzz O'oomm (Earth-16)