- Even at eight years old... I knew "promise" was a nicer way of saying "lie".
- — Kid Flash src
Originally a boy from Altros Prime in the 30th Century, Bar Torr spent most of his youth under the shadow of the regime of the Functionary. He lost his parents to the Functionary's brutal agents, the Purifiers, and had to take care of his younger sister Shira. They got by with petty theft and murder, and he eventually left her in the care of a monastery.
Too young to exact revenge on the purifiers, he joined them instead. As an unorganized band of paramilitary hoodlums, they had jobs on the side, and soon after his induction, Bar became a smuggler. On one of his trips, he crash landed, and found that his wounds healed in no time. He also discovered he had gained super speed, but did not know how. Nor did he care. With his powers, he made short work of the purifiers sent to retrieve his cargo, and then took down their base.
With other disenfranchised people, he started a rebellion, and led them with great vigor. He secured countless victories, until one day, he came across his wounded sister on the battlefield. Raised by the nuns, she became an agent of the Functionary. Now, his actions had left her fighting for her life. Disillusioned, he turned himself in, and offered full cooperation in taking down the rebel network he created.
As his former allies wanted him dead, he was placed in witness protection. In the thirtieth century, that meant brought back to the past. His memory was wiped, and he was placed on the doorstep of an orphanage.
Getting used to the new era, Bar - now Bart Allen - thought he was related to the Flash (Barry Allen), because of their similar powers. So six months after his arrival, he adopted the name Kid Flash in the Scarlet Speedster's honor.
He was recruited by Red Robin to join the Teen Titans. After having his molecules sped up by Superboy's tactile telekinesis, he was brought to S.T.A.R. Labs for diagnostics. Virgil Hawkins, an intern, discovered the "chronal" anomaly and deduced that he might be from the future. He also provided the youngster with a new uniform; one that could keep his molecules aligned. Bart would eventually meet Flash, and discover that he was not related to him or to the Speed Force. Memories started to come back, but nothing major
When all of Earth's greatest heroes were gone and the Crime Syndicate of America had taken over the world. The Teen Titans attempted to challenge the Crime Syndicate. They are attacked by Johnny Quick and Atomica. Johnny Quick realizes that Kid Flash is from the future and vibrates his molecules, which creates a doorway into the future and sucks all the Teen Titans in.
Back to the Future
The Echo Chronal Authority, which had sent him back in time, eventually transported him back to the 30th Century, but the other Titans were brought with him. After a short fight with Purifiers, in which Solstice and the others learned of his darker nature when he brutally killed a man, the Echo captured him. In their prison facility, his past was explained to his teammates by commander Brain 3. Brain 3, the commander of Echo, explains that Kid Flash was originally called Bar Torr and was the head of a revolutionary movement trying to destroy the Functionary, an absolute form of government with only one, absolute law: abide all freedom and follow the orders. Echo, to protect him from being killed and to trial him as the law orders to do, sent him in a different timeline, erasing his memory.
With Raven destroyed by having to drag the Titans through time and Superboy, even if secretly not Kon-El, severely injured, Tim takes the decision to surrender and travel under the protection of Echo to assist Bart in his trial. Soon, the Titans discover that their comrade wasn't the kid they thought he was: Bart killed in the name of the revolution, without mercy or doubt in his eyes. Still, the Titans, especially Solstice, do not want to leave him to his destiny. As the time of Bart serving as a witness comes, he reveals the whole thing, including transferring to another timeline and being a Titan, was a plan he orchestrated to gather high agents of the Functionary to his trial: now him and his resistance can kill them all.
In the end, Bart is captured and condemned to serve a life of forced work on a distant and lonely planet. Solstice, in love with him, kills an agent of the Functionary just to be condemned to the same punishment. As Bart, Kiran and also Superboy decide to remain in the 30th century.
Trapped on the prison planet of Takron-Galtos, Solstice and Kid Flash are forced to kill to survive, however, their love still burns bright on the dark planet, as they vow to liberate the planet.
Rejoining the Teen Titans
After Superboy disappears, Bar rejoins the Teen Titans. However, he realizes that while Solstice is still left in the future Bar cannot be a Titan.
Flash Vs Speed Buggy
- Unique Physiology: After suffering a space ship crash, Bar had gained superhuman powers similar to that of other speedsters. Bar draws his powers by tapping into an unknown source that was sensed by Barry Allen to be an alien energy.
- Superhuman Speed: Bar is able to move at immense superhuman speeds. He was fast enough to break gravity while running across water, which caused him to run across the air. He was also fast enough to keep up with Barry Allen. Bar's incredible speed also allows him to exert extreme force that simulates the effect of superhuman strength.
- Superhuman Stamina: Bar's body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds for extended periods of time without getting tired or weak.
- Superhuman Agility: Bar's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: As a speedster, Bar possesses reflexes that are far greater than those of any human.
- Superhuman Durability: Bar is capable of resisting tremendous kinetic impact forces that could easily crush or kill a human, without suffering any serious external or internal injuries, making him much more durable than any human. When hit by a point blank range explosion, he was only slightly stunned.
- Accelerated Healing: Bar can heal at rates much faster than normal humans, presumably due to his speed increasing his metabolism.
- Aerokinesis: Bar is able to use his speed to create vortexes of wind for various purposes. He has created a vortex with his arm while falling to ease the impact. When Bar was running from Barry Allen through a desert, he used his speed to create a sand storm to blind him.
- Electrokinesis: Bar emits an electrical energy from his body when using his powers. Despite its visual similarity to Speed Force energy, it is not the same energy. Bar is able to create electrical vortexes by running in circles.
- Enhanced Senses: Bar has enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world at a rate attuned to his reaction speed.
- Power Instability: Because of his temporal connection to his timeline he vibrates at a frequency that can be easily disrupted by his own speed as well as telekinesis.
- Bar is dating Solstice.
- 72 Appearances of Bar Torr (Prime Earth)
- 45 Images featuring Bar Torr (Prime Earth)
- 8 Quotations by or about Bar Torr (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Bar Torr (Prime Earth)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Teen Titans (Volume 4) #25-26
- ↑ Teen Titans (Volume 4) #1
- ↑ Teen Titans (Volume 4) #6
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 4) #21
- ↑ Teen Titans (Volume 4) #27
- ↑ Teen Titans (Volume 4) #28
- ↑ Teen Titans (Volume 4) #30
- ↑ Teen Titans Annual (Volume 4) #3
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 9.6 "The Flash (Volume 4) #21
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 "Teen Titans (Volume 4) #12
- ↑ "Teen Titans (Volume 4) #1
- ↑ "Teen Titans (Volume 4) #6
- ↑ "DC Universe Presents #12
- ↑ "Teen Titans (Volume 4) #8
- ↑ "Teen Titans (Volume 4) #11
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Teen Titans member |
This character is or was primarily a member of the younger superhero team known as the Teen Titans, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Teen Titans members" category.