Cheetah was a bio-geneticist working on gene splicing that would alter humans to have animalistic traits. Desperate due to lack of funding, she resorted to using herself as a test subject and was transformed into an anthropomorphic cat for her trouble.
Cast out of the scientific community and shunned by the general public due to her mutation, Cheetah made use of her new enhanced abilities to earn a living, hiring out to clients for incredible sums.
Though she acted as though she had grown fully accustomed to, and content with, her new life, a conversation with the Batman revealed she was terribly lonely and yearned for (romantic/male) companionship. She even went so far as to kiss Batman even though she considered him an enemy.
- Transformation: Barbara Ann Minerva was a scientist who lost funding. She experimented on herself which caused her to transform into Cheetah, however she is unable to transform back.
- There is a discrepancy with Cheetah's origins. In the Justice League television show, Barbara is a scientist who experimented on herself and caused her to transform into Cheetah. However, in Adventures in the DC Universe, Barbara uses dark gods to transform into Cheetah.
- Cheetah was voiced by Sheryl Lee Ralph.
- 19 Appearances of Barbara Ann Minerva (DCAU)
- 2 Images featuring Barbara Ann Minerva (DCAU)
- Quotations by or about Barbara Ann Minerva (DCAU)
- Character Gallery: Barbara Ann Minerva (DCAU)
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."
Legion of Doom member