Barbara Gordon was the superhero known as Batgirl, who on her last known case was going after a mobster named Paris Franz, who killed his uncle and took over his organization, having an infatuation with Batgirl in the hopes of being her favorite adversary. During this case, Barbara had a brief sexual encounter with her partner Bruce Wayne (Batman), but when the case had ended, Barbara decided to give up on being Batgirl, realizing the danger of being driven to the edge of not caring anymore when she pummeled Paris Franz's face over and over until his face became bloody.
At the present time in the story, Barbara was visiting her father James Gordon when the Joker, who sprang out of Arkham Asylum, greeted her at the door with a gunshot straight to her abdomen, paralyzing her from the waist down. The Joker had her father taken away to the Bonus Brothers carnival which he had "purchased" from its previous owner while he stripped Barbara of her clothes and took pictures of her naked wounded body in the hopes of driving her father crazy. Barbara awoke in the hospital where she was taken care of and examined for her current condition, where she told Batman what the Joker had done.
Sometime after the events of the story, Barbara got used to her new condition and had set up a private computer lab in her apartment, where she works as the information broker and hacker known as Oracle.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the film Batman: The Killing Joke and is an adaptation of Batgirl. The original character was created by Gardner Fox and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in Detective Comics #359.
- 1 Appearances of Barbara Gordon (The Killing Joke Movie)
- 4 Images featuring Barbara Gordon (The Killing Joke Movie)
- Quotations by or about Barbara Gordon (The Killing Joke Movie)
- Character Gallery: Barbara Gordon (The Killing Joke Movie)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.