- I go where the hunt takes me.
- — Cheetah src
Barbara Ann Minerva is the Cheetah, a villain with a long-time vendetta against Wonder Woman.
After the fall of Superman's Regime, Cheetah joined the League of Assassins in their goal to protect nature by causing a mass human genocide. This plan was partially stopped by Batman and his allies by destroying the League's base in the Amazon Rainforest, but they failed to stop the League from drowning Washington, D.C. with an inescapable tidal wave.
Later, Cheetah was offered a spot on Gorrila Grodd's team: The Society, where her reward would be to kill Wonder Woman, her long time enemy.
During the invasion, Cheetah enacted orders for Grodd, claiming she doesn't care about Brainiac's invasion but rather killing her prey Wonder Woman.
When Brainiac's forces attack Metropolis, Cheetah finally got the chance to fight Wonder Woman like she wanted. However, Minerva lost the fight and would have been killed by the merciless Amazon had Harley Quinn not stepped in to save her life.
Having realized that Grodd had allied himself with Brainiac to destroy the world, Cheetah and the rest of the Society quit and went into hiding.
Possible Post-Brainiac Epilogue
This section of history takes place in a timeline outside that of normal Injustice canon.
Upon beating "Classic" mode in Injustice: Gods Among Us or "Multiverse" mode in Injustice 2 with any playable fighter, the player would receive a possible alternate ending to the game's story featuring their fighter. These alternate histories should not be seen as relevant to future sequels or comic adaptations.
"Hungry for his blood, I prepared to claim Brainiac. But the alien, desperate for his life, sputtered out an offer. Brainiac said that, if I spared him, he'd deposit any of his collected beings I wanted on a world of my choosing. There I could pursue them at my leisure. So now I hunt, free from Wonder Woman's interference. With each kill, I glorify the Goddess. As for Brainiac, of course I didn't abide our agreement. I'd never given up on killing him. A true huntress always catches her prey."
Powers and Abilities
- Cheetah Form: Barbara is able to transform into the Cheetah, an ancient enemy of man.
- Superhuman Strength: As an avatar of a god, Cheetah possesses great strength.
- Superhuman Durability: Cheetah's physical durability is enough to withstand blows from the likes of Wonder Woman and Superman. Cheetah's durability doesn't protect her from bullets, lasers, or other piercing attacks.
- Superhuman Speed: Cheetah possesses greater speed than Wonder Woman, enhanced even further by training with Zoom.
- Superhuman Agility: Cheetah's body coordination is incredible able to tag very fast superheroes and super-heroines such as Wonder Woman.
- Enhanced Senses: Cheetah's senses are a lot more powerful than a normal human.
- Claws and Fangs: Cheetah's claws and fangs are enchanted and allow her to cut almost anything. Even the flesh of super-humanly durable metahumans offers little resistance.
- 9 Appearances of Barbara Minerva (Injustice)
- 3 Images featuring Barbara Minerva (Injustice)
- 1 Quotations by or about Barbara Minerva (Injustice)
- Character Gallery: Barbara Minerva (Injustice)
League of Assassins member
Secret Society of Super-Villains member
Suicide Squad member
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Justice League, in any of its various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Justice League Villains."
|Wonder Woman Villain(s)|
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Wonder Woman and the Amazons in any of her various incarnations. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Wonder Woman Villains category."