This version of Barbatos corrupted the Element X armors of the Justice League at the climax of Dark Multiverse's invasion so that the heroes were turned into abominations and fell under his control, allowing him to conquer the world and extend his destruction to the other realities.
He anticipated the Justice League's intentions and corrupted the Tenth Metal they used to build their armors in order to defeat the Dark Knights; when the Leaguers donned their armor, they fell into his trap and were transformed into monsters that Barbatos used to conquer Earth and destroy the universe. As he always wished, he possessed Bruce Wayne who became his messenger as the Final Form of the Bat.
Then, he moved to the other realities, bringing there his destruction, which became known as the Deathwave, that consumed each one of them. On Earth 50, it was built a giant statue of him in his honor by the Tiger-Mans.
Death of a God
After two years of moving through the Dark Multiverse realities, Duke Thomas, also known as the Last Monitor, returned to his home reality, now rebranded Earth-Metal, and was welcomed by Barbatos, still in Bruce's body, and the other Dragons of the Bat, the new form of the corrupted Leaguers.
After the defeat of the Batman who Laughs and the other Dragons, the Last Monitor, riding on a Dragon-turned Joker, faced his old mentor who proposed him to side with him, mocking him for his refusal and allies' deaths. Using the Monitor's technology, Duke teleported into Barbatos's skin and ripped Bruce Wayne out from the monster and pierced him with the Kryptothrax's fang, killing his human body and consequently destroying Barbatos for good.
Barbatos' monster skin was later used, after his death, by Duke Thomas to build another suit, allowing him to be empowered enough to become the Final Knight, the last hero on the Dark Multiverse.
Powers and Abilities
- Cosmic Dragon Physiology: As the cosmic dragon of the Dark Multiverse, Barbatos is a being of pure destruction, able to consume unstable universes.
- Invulnerability: The denizens of the Dark Multiverse are very resistant to the attacks from the beings of positive matter, whether physical or energy based. The Nth Metal and Element X are one of the few things that can harm them.
- Cosmic Awareness: Barbatos possesses vast knowledge about the different realities and the Dark Multiverse as well as the opposite Multiverse. He also was aware of the Justice League's plan to use Tenth Metal against him and his army.
- Enhanced Senses: Barbatos watched the war of birds and bats at the dawn of man from the Dark Multiverse and Bruce Wayne being brought back into the past.
- Darkness Manipulation
- Electro-Blast: Barbatos can fire dark lightning he used on Bruce Wayne.
- Reality Alteration: In the Dark Multiverse, Barbatos can create dark worlds. Barbatos can broadcast the Anti-Music, consisting of the wail of billion failed worlds, from his scream able to bend reality as seen when Barbatos was going to release his dark music and sink Earth-0 so low within the Dark Multiverse to the point that it could never be raised again. He used his power to ravage the other Dark Multiverse realities as the Deathwave.
- Infection: Barbatos can infect others with the energy of the Dark Multiverse which fills them with visions of failure and death.
- Possession: Barbatos was able to possess Bruce Wayne after he was corrupted by Element X.
- Immortality: Barbatos lived in the earliest days of existence, being as old as the Multiverse.
- Transmutation: Barbatos has turned beings into demon-like entities with his power before, such as turning Carter Hall into the his dragon and the Justice League into the Dragons of the Bat.
- Size Alteration: Barbatos can alter his size from being twice the size of Dark Knights to colossal heights.
- Kryptothrax's Fang: As a creation and extension of Barbatos himself, the fangs of the monster-turned Superman can finally kill him (at least his human host).
- Vulnerability to Nth Metal: Though nearly invincible, Barbatos has the same weakness held by all denizens of the Dark Multiverse: a weakness to contact with the Heavy Metals of the Dark Multiverse. The Element X is the most dangerous element for the Dark Multiverse beings.
- This character is an adaptation of Barbatos, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- 1 Appearances of Barbatos (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
- 2 Images featuring Barbatos (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
- 1 Quotations by or about Barbatos (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
- Character Gallery: Barbatos (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)