Barry Allen's mother was killed when he was a child, with the blame wrongly placed on his father, who was sent to prison as a result. Because of this, Barry became obsessed with forensic science, hoping to one day prove his father's innocence. One night, while working on his mother's case, Barry was struck by a bolt of lightning, which gave him the power to run at superhuman speeds.
The Flash later traveled back in time from a possible future to the Batcave. He appeared in a vortex of lightning, warning Bruce Wayne of the dangers regarding Superman, and that Lois Lane is "the key."
Barry was eventually approached by Bruce Wayne and asked to join a team of heroes he was assembling, in order to defend the Earth from an oncoming invasion. Barry eagerly accepted Wayne's offer without a second thought and joined him.
- Speed Force Conduit: After being struck by a bolt of lightning and doused with various chemicals, Barry gained access to an extra dimensional energy called the Speed Force, granting him superhuman speed among many other abilities.
- Superhuman Speed: Barry is capable of moving at speeds greater than any normal human can perceive. His movement's are invisible to the naked eye and even high-tech cameras can only perceive his movements as a blur.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Barry's reaction time is augmented to superhuman levels even when he is not moving at superhuman speed. This allows him to view the world in slow motion from his own perception.
- Superhuman Agility. Barry's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows him to easily maneuver and come to sudden stops without losing balance, while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Stamina: Barry's body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds without out getting tired or weak.
- Accelerated Healing: Due to his body's super metabolism, Barry is able to heal from injury at rates much faster than any normal human.
- Dimensional Travel: Barry was able to travel into the Speed Force, where he met The Flash from Earth-1.
- Electrokinesis: Barry generates bolts of Speed Force lightning from his body, which can cause nearby electronics to short-circuit, overload, or burst into sparks. According to Amanda Waller's Files, Barry can also charge his vortexes of wind with electricity.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force grants Barry enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world at a rate attuned his reaction speed.
- Time-Travel: Barry is capable of using his powers to travel through time. He displayed this ability when he traveled back in time to show Bruce Wayne a vision of a potential future.
- Vortex Creations: According to Amanda Waller's Files, Barry can use his speed to create vortexes of wind.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Multilingualism: Barry speaks his native English, and also claims to be fluent in American Sign Language.
- Music: Barry claims to be capable of playing the viola.
- Hyper-Metabolism: While moving at super speed, Barry burns calories much faster than a normal person, which requires him to consume large amounts of food.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Barry Allen/Flash. The original character was created by Robert Kanigher and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in Showcase #4.
- The Flash is portrayed by Ezra Miller.
- Barry's birthday is September 30, 1992, according to his driver's license and college ID.. This is also the birthday of Ezra Miller, who portrays him in the DCEU.
- 4 Appearances of Barry Allen (DC Extended Universe)
- 13 Images featuring Barry Allen (DC Extended Universe)
- Quotations by or about Barry Allen (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Barry Allen (DC Extended Universe)
- "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice"
- "Justice League (Movie)"
- Justice League (Movie)
- DC Presents: Dawn of the Justice League
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- Suicide Squad (Movie)
- Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part Four
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.