The Flash was a prominent hero, prior to the destruction of the multiverse and the coming of Barbatos's "Deathwave". At some point during the initial attack or the two years after, Barry was reduced to a skeleton animated by the Speed Force. He and other surviving heroes such as Hawkgirl and Nightwing hid in the ruins of the Justice League Watchtower, scavenging for supplies and hiding from the Dragons.
Years later, a former pupil of Batman named Duke Thomas returned from the multiverse, after trying and failing to stop the Deathwave. Duke rallied the former heroes into a new Justice League, hoping to stop the Dragons of the Bat before the end of everything. Despite initial hesitation, the team followed Duke into battle, with Barry giving his life to stop the Death Construct.
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Monstrous Appearance: The Flash has lost most of his physical body, now only a skeleton animated by Speed Force. This makes his emotions difficult to read.
- Speed Force Device: Flash is always followed by a hovering device that seemingly channels the Speed Force into what remains of his body.
- 1 Appearances of Barry Allen (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
- 2 Images featuring Barry Allen (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
- Quotations by or about Barry Allen (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
- Character Gallery: Barry Allen (Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.