Barry Allen first appeared in the 1960s as the superhero known as The Flash, replacing Jay Garrick who preceded him in the Justice Society with the same heroic identity and the same type of superpowers.
Being an inventor, he developed the micro compressed superhero uniform that could fit inside a small object; Bruce Wayne Jr. as Robin had a spare Batsuit stored away inside the buckle of his Utility Belt made by Barry Allen in the case that he might need to appear as Batman if his partner Dick Grayson (Batman) should be killed in the line of duty. Barry was the mentor and partner of a young teenager named Wally West who developed the same superhuman speed powers as he did and adopted the identity of Kid Flash. Years later Barry fathered a daughter named Carrie who inherited his superhuman speed powers and became The Flash during her time with the Justice League. In 2008, Wally's son Jay West became The Flash and was given one of Barry's old uniforms to use as his own.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Mechanical Aptitude: Brilliant inventor.
- This version of the character is native to the Superman & Batman: Generations series of stories.
- 3 Appearances of Barry Allen (Earth-3839)
- 1 Images featuring Barry Allen (Earth-3839)
- Quotations by or about Barry Allen (Earth-3839)
- Character Gallery: Barry Allen (Earth-3839)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.