Police detective Barry Allen was working in the crime lab at Central City Police Department headquarters when a lightning bolt struck his lab, dousing him in electrified chemicals. He discovered that from this accident he developed the ability to move at superhuman speed. With the help of S.T.A.R. Labs scientist Dr. Christina McGee, Barry learned how to control this ability with the help of a Soviet-made prototype deep-sea diving suit. When Barry's brother Jay was murdered by criminal gang leader Nicholas Pike, Barry donned a modified masked version of the suit and called himself the Flash, capturing Pike and bringing him to justice, and then later helping to bring other kinds of criminals such as the Trickster, Captain Cold, and Mirror Master to justice.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Barry was able to grapple with, and hold his own against several skilled fighters, such as Pollux, or multiple people at once.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash and is an adaptation of Barry Allen/The Flash. The original character was created by Robert Kanigher and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in Showcase #4.
- The Flash was portrayed by John Wesley Shipp.
- 30 Appearances of Barry Allen (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- 4 Images featuring Barry Allen (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- 1 Quotations by or about Barry Allen (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Barry Allen (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- Flash (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Barry Allen (Flash 1990 TV Series) at Flash: Those Who Ride the Lightning
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.