Police detective Barry Allen was working in the crime lab at Central City Police Department headquarters when a lightning bolt struck his lab, dousing him in electrified chemicals. He discovered that from this accident he developed the ability to move at superhuman speed. With the help of S.T.A.R. Labs scientist Dr. Christina McGee, Barry learned how to control this ability with the help of a Soviet-made prototype deep-sea diving suit. When Barry's brother Jay was murdered by criminal gang leader Nicholas Pike, Barry donned a modified masked version of the suit and called himself the Flash, capturing Pike and bringing him to justice, and then later helping to bring other kinds of criminals such as the Trickster, Captain Cold, and Mirror Master to justice.
Having been the Flash for 30 years, Barry Allen was the last known survivor of Earth-90. During the Crisis, he sacrificed himself to stop the antimatter cannon, contributing to the defeat of the Anti-Monitor and the eventual restoration of the multiverse.
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Barry was able to grapple with, and hold his own against several skilled fighters, such as Pollux, or multiple people at once.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Flash and is an adaptation of Barry Allen/The Flash. The original character was created by Robert Kanigher and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in Showcase #4.
- The Flash was portrayed by John Wesley Shipp.
- 34 Appearances of Barry Allen (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- 4 Images featuring Barry Allen (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- 2 Quotations by or about Barry Allen (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Barry Allen (Flash 1990 TV Series)
- ↑ Good Night, Central City
- ↑ Done With Mirrors
- ↑ "Pilot"
- ↑ Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 6.4 The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #74
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
This project page needs to be cleaned up.
This article needs maintenance and organization, as it may have become cluttered or confusing. Its heart is in a good place, it's just a little special. Won't you please help out an article in need? This template will categorize articles that include it into the Clean Up task category.