Barry Allen, also known as the Flash is a speedster hero from Central City.
Barry Allen used to work as a forensic scientist for the Central City Police Department, before he was granted the ability to run at speeds greater than any human and being able to control the molecules in his body by the Speed Force. He developed his powers after a lightning bolt struck the chemicals in his laboratory and created an explosion and became a hero who protected Central City. Sometime later, he joined a team of superheroes called the Justice League.
Searching for Batman
When their fellow League member Batman disappeared, Cyborg called Barry and Zatanna to "Leachman's Rarities" in Gotham City, in order to investigate. After Zatanna was unable to find any sign of Batman, Barry unsuccessfully searched the surrounding city blocks for him. Cyborg then traced the energy signature in the area, attempting to replicate it. This allowed him to open a portal between universes called the Bleed and Zatanna attempted to find Batman through it, but it only brought a vampiric version of him out. As Cyborg and Zatanna struggled against the vampire, Barry attacked him rapidly but it had little effect. The Nightmare Batman smashed Barry away, but it allowed Zatanna and Cyborg to beat him back into the portal. Cyborg attempted to close it before he could return, but the portal destabilized and transported everyone to an unfamiliar universe.
As the Metropolis of the Earth-44 they had arrived to came under attack, the League members searched for more information and found they were in a variation of their own Metropolis. Barry suggested going back to Earth-0, in order to bring all the Justice League members to the world they were currently in, but Cyborg stated it would take him time as the portal he had created earlier destabilized. The team members soon felt the ground shaking and decided to have a look, though Flash went alone much to the chagrin of others. As he climbed a building, the tail of a giant monster soon struck it and he was forced to run back to the ground. He however soon came face-to-face with the beast himself and found he looked like his world's Doomsday.
As the beast tried crushing the Flash, Cyborg and Zatanna came to his rescue, but were soon knocked away by a thunderclap. The robotic Superman of that world soon arrived to save them and asked what instructions the Monitor, who had promised him allies, had left them. When they failed to answer, he declared that they then must be a threat. Zatanna froze him in place as he tried taking them down, but the Doomsday monster soon struck at them. Flash rushed away with Zatanna, while Cyborg teleported away, but the Mecha Superman was destroyed. Barry calmed Zatanna, who blamed herself for Superman's apparent death, and determined to stop the monster. Others agreed to join him. As the League struggled to beat the beast, the Justice Consortium arrived to fight him.
Zatanna found using her magic that they were facing Doomsday from the magical universe of Earth-13. Superman, who had reconstructed himself, arrived and assured he trusted them. He refused to concede when Zatanna stated Doomsday was unstoppable and encouraged the others to fight on. While the Justice Consortium was destroyed, others struggled to come up with a way to defeat Doomsday. Zatanna flew away to attack him on her own, while asking the others to watch her back. Barry was able to save her from falling to the ground after Doomsday struck her, as his Speed Force allowed him to negate her terminal velocity. Knowing that Earth-13 was magical in nature, he guessed Doomsday must be resistant to magic. Cyborg and Mecha Superman arrived to show them a device on the beast's back, with Superman believing it was one of the artifacts the Monitor warned him of earlier and might send him back if it was destroyed. Zatanna disagreed with loosening Doomsday on another world, but Barry stated it was wiser to fight him on Earth-13, since she would be more powerful there.
Cyborg mounted an attack to distract Doomsday and the others soon joined in, knowing he couldn't keep it up for long. Mecha Superman used the distraction provided by the Justice League and destroyed the device on his back, sending him to Earth-13. Cyborg later opened up a portal to take them to Doomsday's world. They arrived on Earth-13 with him to find that world's Supergirl, Zatanna and Lord Zod of that world fighting mysterious drones. Doomsday was sealed away again again by the same magic that had imprisoned him, creating a shockwave that disoriented the drones. The League, Mecha Superman and heroes of Earth-13 together defeated the drones, forcing their mysterious leader to order them to withdraw.
Fight for Nil
Batman later arrived on Earth-13 with his new allies: Catwoman of Earth-19, Green Lantern of Earth-13, Wonder Woman of Earth-17 and Robin of Earth-43. Barry and the other League members were surprised to find him. Batman stated they had a war to fight and needed to do it fast. As the two teams discussed their plan, Barry and Batman discussed their recent adventures. Batman noticed that he was being nervous and when he stated he was shocked by what he had recently seen, Batman told him that he had seen a universe die, though Barry was unimpressed. The teams joined forces to plan against the crisis threatening the whole Multiverse and everyone agreed to go after their enemy, but they were soon interrupted by the arrival of a mysterious man, who was the Lex Luthor of Earth-19.
Lex tried to make the heroes believe they could trust him and asked Catwoman to vouch for him, but she stated that he was in actual a ruthless power-hungry industrialist. Green Lantern and Zod requested Batman to trust him, since he was an expert of technology. Batman agreed but asked the others to keep an eye on Lex. Lantern then took them to the Vault of the Diurnal Sphere where they could plan. Upon seeing that all the Titans of Earth-13 had been released in other universes, Lex helped the heroes realize that their enemy was going to assault Nil, the Monitor's homeworld, and they rushed to get there in time.
Lord Zod, Cyborg, Batman and Robin soon arrived on Nil to battle Metallos of Earth-43. After finding his team outmatched, Batman called in another team of heroes to their location. He also sent a third team consisting of Diana, Flash, Supergirl, Lex and Catwoman away from the battle to conduct reconnaissance. Diana told Flash to check the surroundings for danger and asked Supergirl to try to find the Monitor. Supergirl succeeded, but Flash found the corpse of the Monitor first. As they examined it, Supergirl stated it was not the Monitor she detected and pointed them in the direction of the Axis Tower. Finding another corpse of the monitor, Diana decided to explore the insides of the Axis Tower with Flash, while telling the others to guard outside.
The Monitor soon revealed himself, telling Diana and Flash that he had divided himself into 52 parts in order to fool his enemy. All of the versions of him had been killed and he was the only one left, but significantly weakened due to the deaths of others. He had also been forced to shut the defense system of Nil down as their enemy had taken over it. Outside, Batman's team came to rescue Wonder Woman's team against the Metallos led by Brainiac of Earth-43. Struggling to beat their enemy, Batman decided to use Nil's defenses and told Lex to come with him to Axis Tower.
Batman was surprised upon finding the Monitor alive, since Wonder Woman's team had told him he was dead. Upon learning from the Monitor that Brainiac had hacked the systems, Lex suggested using the Eternal Key as the central operating system and insulating it with magic. Batman told Barry to get Zatanna of their world for the job and he did as asked. Zatanna successfully accomplished this task, resulting in Brainiac being killed and his forces defeated. The Monitor then sent the heroes back to their universes, in order to recruit new allies and keep an eye out for any threats.
The Earth Engine
After the discovery of Earth Engines across the Multiverse, the Monitor tried to disable the one the heroes led by Batman found on Earth-19, but ended up triggering its anti-tampering mechanism. This drove him into a mad rage. As the heroes struggled to contain him, Batman told Catwoman to call every hero they knew. Barry soon arrived with his fellow League members and heroes of Earth-13 to Earth-19's Metropolis. After the magic users temporarily calmed the Monitor down, Barry started feeling the maddening effect of the Earth Engine. Batman then had Green Lantern protect everyone with his energy.
After Superman of Earth-0 and Mecha Superman threw the Earth Engine into the Bleed, Catwoman realized that Luthor was missing. Batman told the heroes to split up and look for him, with Catwoman discovering he was being mind-controlled by Vandal Savage of her world. Hawkgirl of Earth-19 helped Batman, Catwoman and Robin in defeating him by destroying his suggestion device. The freed Lex disabled the Earth Engines across the multiverse. The Monitor soon arrived to take Savage away and sent the heroes back to their worlds.
As the most powerful wave of Infinite Crisis struck, realities were torn asunder and cast adrift into the Bleed. This resulted in Gotham of Earth-19 and Gotham of Earth-0, which were adrift in the Bleed, to be merged together. The Flash joined other champions to fight back against the new threat endangering the multiverse.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the Infinite Crisis (Video Game) franchise and is an adaptation of The Flash (Barry Allen). The original character was created by Robert Kanigher and Carmine Infantino and first appeared in Showcase #4.
- The Flash was voiced by Michael Rosenbaum.
- 25 Appearances of Barry Allen (Infinite Crisis Video Game: Earth-0)
- 1 Images featuring Barry Allen (Infinite Crisis Video Game: Earth-0)
- Quotations by or about Barry Allen (Infinite Crisis Video Game: Earth-0)
- Character Gallery: Barry Allen (Infinite Crisis Video Game: Earth-0)
- Infinite Crisis (Video Game)
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #4
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #10
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #11
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #14
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #15
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #16
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #17
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #18
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #20
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #21
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #22
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #23
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #24
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #32
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #33
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #34
- Infinite Crisis: Fight for the Multiverse #36
- Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- The Flash (Volume 2) #74
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.