20 years in the future, the Flash executed Gorilla Grodd, and then started his journey back in time to kill himself. As he traveled back, he sat with Captain Cold when he died of cancer, and stopped all of the other Rogues from ruining their lives.
The Flash at last arrived at his last stop, 5 years in the future, on the day Wally died. He saved Wally and Iris, but fatally injured the Barry from that time, who gave his power to Wally. Flash realized that he had to travel back another five years to completely mend the rift in the Speed Force that caused him to miss Wally's accident, and was about to sacrifice the Flash from the present to use his energy. Wally from the time of the accident traveled back and used his own life force to heal the rift instead.
Powers and Abilities
- Speed Force Conduit: After being struck by a bolt of lightning and doused with chemicals, Barry gained access to a mysterious extra-dimensional energy field, called the Speed Force.
- Superhuman Speed: Barry is capable of moving at incredible speeds. While running, he can only be perceived as a blur.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Barry possesses reflexes far greater than a normal human being. His great reflexes have allowed him to easily react to other speedsters.
- Superhuman Stamina: Barry's body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds for long periods of time without out getting tired or weak.
- Superhuman Agility: Barry's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows him to easily make sharp turns and leap far distances while moving at superhuman speed.
- Speed Force Aura: As explained by Barry Allen, a speedsters body is surrounded by a "friction cushion", which provides light protection from the nastier elements of their speed, including friction, airborne particulate matter, kinetic impacts, G-Force and the like.
- Electrokinesis: Barry's body generates large amounts of Speed Force energy that manifests itself as light-blue electricity. This Speed Force lightning constantly emanates off of Barry as an electrical aura.
- Phasing: Barry can vibrate his molecules on an atomic level, allowing himself to become momentarily intangible, and phase through objects.
- Time-Travel: Barry is capable of using his speed to break open barriers in the space-time continuum, to travel through time.
- Vortex Creations: By rotating his arms at super speed or running in a circular motion, Barry can create strong vortexes of wind.
- Cybernetic Enhancement: Barry wears a high-tech cybernetic suit that enhances him in various areas.
- Cybernetic Regeneration: Barry's high-tech suit allows him to regenerate cybernetic limbs in place of his missing limbs. This was shown when his hand was blown off, and he quickly began regenerating a new cybernetic hand.
- Superhuman Strength: Barry's cyber suit seemingly enhances his strength to levels greater than any other human. He has shown the strength to effortlessly lift and dangle grown men with a single arm.
- Forensic Pathology
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Advanced): Barry is a highly skilled hand-to-hand combatant. He was taught advanced fighting styles by Batman, Deathstroke, and Lady Shiva.
- Barry Allen was created by Robert Kanigher, John Broome, and Carmine Infantino, first appearing in Showcase #4. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Barry Allen first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in The Flash (Volume 4) #30 by Van Jensen, Robert Venditti, and Brett Booth.
- 13 Appearances of Barry Allen (Out of Time)
- 19 Images featuring Barry Allen (Out of Time)
- 9 Quotations by or about Barry Allen (Out of Time)
- Character Gallery: Barry Allen (Out of Time)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.