Bart Allen was the speedster hero known as Impulse who hailed from Keystone City.
Bart Allen was a speedster hero who lived in Keystone City under the care of Max Mercury, who was like a father-figure. Wally West after learning how the Anti-Life virus had been spreading, rushed to Max's home to get help in saving residents of Keystone and destroyed all the screens in the house, so Max and Bart wouldn't be infected. The three were joined by Jesse Quick as he explained what was happening.
Later, the four speedsters helped in saving many people around the United States and Wally decided to evacuate Keystone residents to a parallel Earth. Max told Bart and him to use the Tandem Cosmic Treadmill in the Flash Museum to open a rift, as they were faster. Bart however eventually fell while running for many minutes and crashed outside, but was saved by Max from the horde of the Anti-Living. Max then prevented Wally from falling too and used his speed to successfully transport them to another universe.
The Flash Family however soon discovered that Max had been infected while trying to save Bart and he told them they had no time. Bart pleaded to Max, but he insisted to Wally that he be killed before bidding goodbye to Bart. The other three however figured out another way to ensure Max wouldn't infect others, by infusing him with part of their speed. Bart then watched as he disappeared into the Speed Force.
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- Bart Allen was created by Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo, first appearing in The Flash (Volume 2) #92. However, the DCeased version of Bart Allen first appeared in DCeased: Hope at World's End #3 by Tom Taylor and Carmine Di Giandomenico.
- 1 Appearances of Bart Allen (DCeased)
- 1 Images featuring Bart Allen (DCeased)
- Quotations by or about Bart Allen (DCeased)
- Character Gallery: Bart Allen (DCeased)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.