Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Bart Allen, also known as Impulse, is a speedster who was somehow trapped in the Speed Force and forgotten to all until the Force Barrier was broken by Barry Allen and Wally West, which finally allowed him to escape.
Sometime after the Flashes failed to stop Zoom, Bart discovered that the Force Barrier had been broken, allowing him to finally escape the Speed Force.
Bart Showed up when Metropolis was invaded by inhabitants of Gemworld and was re-united with Robin and Wonder Girl. With this, Bart claimed that Young Justice is back. Shortly after this, Bart and his friends were pulled into Gemworld and he woke up without them, only to find Conner Kent instead.
- Speed Force Conduit: Bart possesses a connection to the Speed Force, a mysterious cosmic force that pushes time and space itself forward. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of Bart's physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Superhuman Speed: Bart is capable of moving at incredible superhuman speeds.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Bart possesses reflexes far greater than a normal human being. This allows him to easily react to danger and events, and perceive the world in slow motion.
- Superhuman Agility: Bart's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows him to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Stamina: Bart's body can handle the stress of moving at superhuman speeds for long periods of time without out getting tired or weak.
- Speed Force Aura: Bart's body is surrounded by a "friction cushion", a field of kinetic absorbent energy that protects him and anyone who is running with or carried by him from the rigorous effects of using his speed. Including friction, airborne particulate matter, heavy impacts, G-Force and the like.
- Superhuman Durability: Thanks to his protective Speed Force aura, Bart is capable of resisting tremendous kinetic impact forces that could easily crush or kill a human, without suffering any serious external or internal injuries.
- Electrokinesis: As a conduit of the Speed Force, Bart's body generates large amounts of the electrical energy that he draws from the Speed Force. This Speed Force lightning emanates off of him, especially when moving at superhuman speed.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force grants Bart enhanced senses that allow him to perceive the world at a rate attuned to his reaction speed.
- Vortex Creations: By rotating his arms at super speed or running in a circular motion, Bart can manipulate the airflow around him to create strong vortexes of wind.
- Bart Allen was created by Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo, first appearing in The Flash (Volume 2) #92. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Bart Allen first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in The Flash (Volume 5) #50 by Joshua Williamson and Howard Porter.
- 12 Appearances of Bart Allen (Prime Earth)
- 17 Images featuring Bart Allen (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Bart Allen (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Bart Allen (Prime Earth)
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.
Young Justice member