- I say I'm gonna be somewhere, I'll be there like a flash!
- — Bart Allen src
The origin of Bart Allen is shrouded in mystery. He once claimed to have been in an accident with a flash of lightning, which is what gave him his powers and had run away from home, because of his parents' reaction to his new abilities. Years later Bart admitted that this story was untrue. Bart didn't remember anything about his life, prior to waking up with his powers.
Bart Allen was seemingly born in the 31st Century to Meloni Allen. As a young boy, Bart ran into a time traveling Superman. It's unknown how and when Bart acquired his amazing speed. In his teens, Bart found himself sent back to the early 21st Century and suffered a complete memory loss. The only thing that Bart could remember were three names: Jay Garrick, Barry Allen and Wally West.
In 2004, Bart saved the life of Jonathan Kent and stole the man's wallet. What Bart didn't realize was that he had been seen by Jonathan's son, Clark, who could also move at superhuman speed. Using Jonathan's credit card to pay for a hotel room, Bart was confronted by Clark, but decided to make a run for it and was chased through Metropolis by Clark. Amazed to see another person able to move like him, Bart headed to Smallville and tried to befriend Clark.
Wanting a better life, Bart stole a manuscript from Lex Luthor. Unfortunately for Bart, his fencer double crossed him and made a deal with Lex. However, after the fence and Lex got into an argument, Lex was knocked out and the fence decided to kill Bart. Bart was saved by Clark, but Bart immobilized him with Green Kryptonite and planned to take off. Clark pleaded with him to do the right thing, which prompted Bart to put away the Kryptonite. Afterwards, Bart chose to return the manuscript to Lex.
Dropping by the Kent Farm, Bart announced that he was going to travel the world and see if there was anyone else out there, like him and Clark. Clark tried to convince him to stay. Bart replied that he'd think about it if Clark could catch him. Bart and Clark raced out of Smallville, until Bart ran too fast for Clark to follow.
At some point over the next two years, Bart found himself in Star City and met Oliver Queen, who took him in. Bart later became one of the members of a team, that Oliver was assembling, to take down the 33,1 project. Bart was given a costume and assigned the codename "Impulse" (according to Oliver, Bart wasn't allowed to pick his own codename).
In early 2007, Bart found himself back in Metropolis, where he saved Chloe's life and reconnected with Clark. During a mission to a LuthorCorp facility, Bart found himself captured and placed within a cell, where he was forced to run as fast as he could, or he'd be electrified. This was the first time that Bart tapped into the Speed Force, which attracted the attention of Black Flash. Bart was rescued from both the cell and the creature by Clark.
Afterwards, Bart rejoined the team and departed Smallville, to take down the remaining 33,1 facilities.
After the disappearance of Clark, Bart, alongside Victor Stone, searched the entire southern hemisphere for him. A few months later, Bart worked alongside Clark, to handle a crisis in Keystone City
In early September, 2009, Bart was summoned by Clark, together with Dinah Lance, to help him take down Doomsday. However, Bart and the others found themselves disagreeing with Clark, how they were going to handle the problem and double crossed him. However, their own plan failed and cost the life of Henry James Olsen. Bart attended Olsen's funeral, after which he disappeared for a while.
Eventually getting back on his feet, Bart joined up with the rest of the team to get Oliver back on the right path, after Oliver had abandoned his activities as Green Arrow and tried to kill himself.
Bart attended the funeral of Carter Hall, during which he and the rest of the team was captured by the VRA. However, he was rescued by Chloe and the Suicide Squad. Sometime later, Bart found himself confronted by and fought Captain Cold.
About six months after Clark had made his debut as Superman, Bart sought him out. Together they went to Paris, where they fought the Brain and Monsieur Mallah, during which Bart once more found himself confronted by the Black Flash. Having informed Clark about this problem, Bart was taken to see Jay Garrick. Bart ultimately chose to confront the Black Flash, seemingly resulting in the demise of both him and the creature.
- Speed Force Conduit: Speed force conduits possess a connection to the Speed Force, a cosmic force that allows its users to push the boundaries that keep time and space. As a conduit of the Speed Force, all aspects of their physiology are accelerated and enhanced.
- Accelerated Healing: By having a connection to the speed force, every speed force conduit has an incredibly fast healing factor and can heal from most injuries in seconds and devastating injuries in minutes.
- Enhanced Senses: The Speed Force enhances the speedster's senses, allowing them to perceive and process thoughts faster than the normal person.
- Phasing: Speed Force conduits can tap into the Speed Force to vibrate their molecules in a way to achieve intangibility for short bursts, allowing them to phase through objects.
- Speed Force Aura: The Speed Force manifests an aura around the speedster and whatever they are carrying, protecting them from adverse effects of their speed, such as friction with the air.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Speed Force grants its conduits with a great increase of stamina, allowing them to fight or run much longer than the average person. Although a great increase, it is not unlimited.
- Superhuman Speed: The universal factor of being a Speed Force conduit grants its user with imperceptible amounts of speed. All powers that conduits possess derives from their speed.. This also confers:
- Superhuman Agility: The speedster's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to superhuman levels. This allows them to easily maneuver while moving at superhuman speed.
- Superhuman Reflexes: In conjunction with their enhanced senses, The speedster's reflexes are heightened immesurably, allowing them to dodge or react faster than normal.
- Vortex Creations: Speed Force conduits are able to create vortices of air by running in circles or rotating their extremities at super-speed. These vortices can be used for a number of effects.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Smallville and its tie-in and comic book series, Smallville and Smallville Season 11. It is an adaptation of Bart Allen/Impulse. The original character was created by Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo and first appeared in The Flash (Volume 2) #92.
- Bart Allen was portrayed by Kyle Gallner.
- According to Alfred Gough, the show went with Bart Allen, instead of Barry Allen, because of restrictions from DC Comics.
- 23 Appearances of Bart Allen (Smallville)
- 13 Images featuring Bart Allen (Smallville)
- 2 Quotations by or about Bart Allen (Smallville)
- Character Gallery: Bart Allen (Smallville)
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Run
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Smallville Season 11 #11
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Smallville Season 11 #15
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Justice
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Smallville Season 11 #10
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Odyssey
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Hex
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Savior
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Doomsday
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Echo
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Roulette
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Icarus
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Collateral
- ↑ Smallville (TV Series) Episode: Prophecy
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 Smallville Season 11 #9
- ↑ Smallville Season 11 #12
- ↑ Being a speed force conduit conveys some core powers as demonstrated by Barry Allen and Wally West.
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 5) #73
- ↑ 19.0 19.1 19.2 19.3 19.4 The Flash (Volume 2) #1
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #76
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #63
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #2
- ↑ The Flash (Volume 2) #74
- ↑ "Smallville Season 4 Interview with Al Gough" - KryptonSite
|Smallville television series. This template will categorize articles that include it into Category: Smallville Characters.|
|Flash Family member|
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of The Flash, and a member of the Flash Family of speedsters. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Flash Family members" category.