- I think I have a role to play on your team.
- — Clayface src
Basil Karlo is Clayface, a man-turned-clay creature with the power to meld his body into anything.
Originally a B-list horror movie actor, Clayface was snubbed from the remake of his most famous film and, in anger, descended into a life of crime. While beginning his life as a criminal, Karlo was involved in an accident that turned him into a clay monster with the ability to shape shift, thus he took the name "Clayface". For awhile, he played muscle-for-hire for many of the Gotham City gangs, making him an enemy of Batman, and joined the Secret Society of Super-Villains. But, after a change of heart, Clayface attempted to turn a new leaf and worked with Batman as a hero, joining the Gotham Knights. 
During Nekron's invasion of Earth, Clayface and Red Robin went to investigate the Manhunters break-in at Arkham Asylum. The two heroes became separated while inside and were attacked by wraith versions of the other. They succeeded in defeating the wraiths and continued fending off Manhunters.  While Red Robin worked on getting the security systems back online, Clayface continued to fight off wraiths and was challenged to revert back to his evil ways but overpowered them anyway. 
- Malleable Clay Body
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the video game DC Legends and is an adaptation of Clayface. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #40.
- Despite being referred to as a "reformed criminal" (and even having an ability called "Re-Formed Criminal"), Clayface is only considered to be a villain in R.E.D. Alert missions.
- 1 Appearances of Basil Karlo (DC Legends)
- 3 Images featuring Basil Karlo (DC Legends)
- 1 Quotations by or about Basil Karlo (DC Legends)
- Character Gallery: Basil Karlo (DC Legends)
Secret Society of Super-Villains member
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.