Basil Karlo was a petty crook who became the second Clayface.
Basil Karlo was born in Denver, Colorado and, sometime during his life, moved to Gotham City.
In Gotham, Karlo wanted to be a big time star and constantly auditioned for any role that was open. One of the roles Karlo really wanted was to be the spokesperson for a local dog food company. Karlo auditioned many times, but, each time, the directors found a different thing wrong with the actor.
Karlo, seeing a great opportunity for fame, snuck into Wayne Industries and stole a vial of Clayface's goo. During the chase, the thief drank the serum and gained the power of Clayface himself.
Basil Karlo used his powers for evil and fame by specifically walking in front of security cameras when he robbed banks.
After a long crime spree, the newly reformed Ethan Bennett used his powers to combat that of Karlo's. Batman stabbed both of the Clayfaces with the antidote, curing both of them.
In Arkham Asylum, Karlo began a friendship with the Joker and the two played chess together. During one of their chess games, Karlo noticed his powers weren't entirely cured and he still had elastic capabilities.
Powers and Abilities
- Clay-like Body: Thanks to drinking the acid that mutated the original Clayface, Karlo has the same abilities as Bennett. For unexplained reasons Karlo posses greater strengh of his powers than original Clayface.
- Mediocre Actor: Karlo has shown some ability of acting but he is worse than he thinks he is.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series The Batman, related film, and the tie-in comic The Batman Strikes!. It is an adaptation of Clayface. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Bob Kane and first appeared in Detective Comics #40.
- 4 Appearances of Basil Karlo (The Batman TV Series)
- 3 Images featuring Basil Karlo (The Batman TV Series)
- 1 Quotations by or about Basil Karlo (The Batman TV Series)
- Character Gallery: Basil Karlo (The Batman TV Series)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."
This article is using a sub-standard image. The image is too small, of poor quality, bears a watermark or violates copyright law. You can help the DC Database Project by replacing the offending image with a higher quality scan.