"Batgirl": Batman visits Oracle to check on Batgirl. Batman thinks that Cassandra failed because she was not able to save the life of John Robinson. An angry Oracle wanrs Batman not to tell Cassandra otherw
- You and I... with what we do... what's at stake... we can't fail. Others don't understand, but even if it's... impossible, we still have to succeed.
- — Batman
Appearing in "Batgirl"
Synopsis for "Batgirl"
Batman visits Oracle to check on Batgirl. Batman thinks that Cassandra failed because she was not able to save the life of John Robinson. An angry Oracle wanrs Batman not to tell Cassandra otherwise he would not be welcome anymore at the Gotham Clock Tower. Batman knows Oracle is not bluffing and, thus, is just taking Batman out on the streets. Still, Batman tries to explain to Cassandra that failing is not an option in their business, but of course Batgirl cannot understand what he is saying.
Next, Batman and Batgirl are rescuing a young girl which was kidnapped. But one of the kidnappers is a superstrong metahuman. Although Batman told Batgirl to stay away from superhumans, he also said that she cannot fail. So Batgirl fights the man and actually gets Batmans approval after defeating him.
Later in the Batcave, Batman is watching a video tape which was hidden in the teddy bear of the young girl Batgirl and him had rescued. He is shocked because the video shows a very young Cassandra Cain killing a man with her bare hands ...
- This book was first published on April 5, 2000.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batgirl Vol 1 3 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batgirl series
- Batgirl Recommended Reading