"Surge Protection": Batgirl bumps into her father clad in Batman power armor. Commissioner Gordon warns he has been ordered to get all vigilantes off the streets; but he doesn't agree with his orders and asks her to lay low. Batgirl dashes off.
- Tonight we made a pretty good team... This is the part where you're supposed to vanish on me. Still got a few of his tricks left to learn.
- -- Batgirl
Appearing in "Surge Protection"
- Batgirl (Flashback and main story)
- Superman (On a TV or computer screen)
- Black Canary (Band) (Poster)
- Batman (Bruce Wayne) (Mentioned only)
- Luke Fox (Mentioned only)
- Gotham City
- Metropolis (On a TV or computer screen)
Synopsis for "Surge Protection"
Batgirl bumps into her father clad in Batman power armor. Commissioner Gordon warns he has been ordered to get all vigilantes off the streets; but he doesn't agree with his orders and asks her to lay low. Batgirl dashes off.
Barbara traces Livewire with Frankie's help. Her trail leads to a power plant. Batgirl visits Qadir to pick up a device able to trap and contain electrical energy, and heads to Livewire's hideout. She arrives just in time to save her father from Livewire. Batgirl kicks Livewire away and into a wall and checks on Commissioner Gordon. Livewire's attack fried and overloaded the power armor's circuits. Batgirl helps him get out of the armor and wants to take him to a hospital, but the Commissioner refuses. Livewire is injured and out of power, and they need to strike before she recharges.
After a tough brawl, Batgirl manages to capture Livewire and turns her over to the Commissioner. Gordon warns her that he will not always be able to let her go, but Batgirl takes his words with humor and reminds him he is Batman now and is supposed to vanish on her when her back is turned.
- This book was first published on July 29, 2015.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batgirl Vol 4 42 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batgirl series
- Images from Batgirl Vol 4 42
- Batgirl Recommended Reading