"Mindfield": Batgirl is in a coma after having a run-in with the villain the Fugue. Frankie and Black Canary come up with a plan to restore her mind while Spoiler and Bluebird search for the Fugue. Several months ago Barbara made a a backup copy of her brainscan. It evolved into an evil A. I. th
- The Fugue's gonna use the Negahedron to destroy Burnside. Maybe all of Gotham.
- -- Batgirl
Appearing in "Mindfield"
- Alysia Yeoh (In a photograph only)
- Jo (In a photograph only)
- Batman (In a vision)
- James Gordon, Sr. (In a vision)
- Joker (In a vision)
- Robin (In a vision)
- James, Jr. (Mentioned only)
- Jeremy DeGroot (Mentioned only)
- Nadimah Ali (Mentioned only)
- Penquin (Mentioned only)
- Qadir Ali (Mentioned only)
- Two-Face (Mentioned only)
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- Happy Harbor
- Bank of Harbor
- Happy Harbor
Synopsis for "Mindfield"
Batgirl is in a coma after having a run-in with the villain the Fugue. Frankie and Black Canary come up with a plan to restore her mind while Spoiler and Bluebird search for the Fugue. Several months ago Barbara made a a backup copy of her brainscan. It evolved into an evil A. I. that tried to kill them all. Batgirl and Frankie managed to shut it down, and Frankie stripped it of its malicious code. Frankie wants to reactivate it again and use it to correct the damage done to Barbara's mind. It's dangerous, but they've got few options left.
Frankie goes in Barbara's mind together with her brain's copy. Barbara's mind right now is a jumbled maze where nightmares are intermingled with real and fake memories, and full of traps set by the Fugue. As Frankie and Barbara's copy wade through Batgirl's mind they discover Vinton Burwell -the Fugue- was a crook put away by Batgirl. When she beat him down, she blurted out her memory was perfect. So the Fugue got his hands on memory-altering techonology, and captured Batgirl. Then he rewrote her memories in order to pose as her childhood friend "Greg" and spent weeks scanning her mind for information and tampering with her memories.
While they fight the Fugue's manipulations, the rebel A. I. boots Frankie out of Barbara's brain and tries to overwrite Barbara's mind. Frankie tries to fight it, but then she decides to integrate it into Barbara's head to give her real memories back.
Barbara awakens. Now she remembers everything. She remembers how the Fugue kidnapped her, and knows what he's planning: use the Negahedron to destroy Burnside.
- This book was first published on March 2, 2016.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batgirl Vol 4 49 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batgirl series
- Images from Batgirl Vol 4 49
- Batgirl Recommended Reading