"Turning the Page": The terrorist group Gladius has taken over Gotham Academy and is holding the students hostage in hopes of luring Batgirl into their trap.
- I have no doubt, Vixen. But we're better than Gladius. We can get every one of those kids out of there alive. I have faith in all of you. And I've got a plan.
- — Batgirl
Appearing in "Turning the Page"
- Gotham Academy
- Professor George Krupke (Mentioned only)
- James Gordon, Sr. (Mentioned only)
- Lucas Fox (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Turning the Page"
The terrorist group Gladius has taken over Gotham Academy and is holding the students hostage in hopes of luring Batgirl into their trap.
Batgirl is aware of it and determined to save all kids with help of Spoiler, Black Canary, Vixen and Bluebird. She also knows the layout of Gotham Academy's library, including a network of secret passages.
The five heroes quietly slip in through several secret entries and put several guards out of action. Then they break in the main hall through a window and surround the Gladius commander.
The commander is confident that she's able to win thanks to her cybernetic extra limbs, but the group takes her down. Batgirl unmasks her and sees that woman isn't the commander but a decoy. The real commander took several maps of the underground and ran off through a secret passageway. Batgirl realizes the commander is after the Negahedron again.
Batgirl and her friends follow her trail. The commander steals a Negahedron core from a facility and heads to the Gordon Clean Energy office building to steal the blueprints. Batgirl and her allies are too late to stop her. The commander now has the means to blow up Gotham City and a chunk of the Northeast. Batgirl gives chase and takes her down. As the commander is taken away, Batgirl declares she and her allies will be always ready to smash Gladius down.
Back in the office, Barbara's friends throw a go-away surprise party. The next day, Barbara says Dinah and Frankie goodbye before going on vacation.
- This book was first published on May 25, 2016.
- A GCPD officer mentions that the Gladius Commander will be sent back to Striker's. He is surely referring to Stryker's Island Penitentiary in Metropolis.
- Batgirl's trip is narrated in Batgirl: Beyond Burnside
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batgirl Vol 4 52 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batgirl series
- Images from Batgirl Vol 4 52
- Batgirl Recommended Reading