"Strange Loop, Part Two": Batgirl keeps trapped in a mindloop-created dreamworld, and facing two huge fighters. Realizing she should be able to do anything in her own dream, she puts both women to sleep and drags them out of the building. Noticing how easily she'
- I don't know where this new path I'm on is headed... but for the first time in a while, it feels like anything is possible.
- — Batgirl
Synopsis for "Strange Loop, Part Two"
Batgirl keeps trapped in a mindloop-created dreamworld, and facing two huge fighters. Realizing she should be able to do anything in her own dream, she puts both women to sleep and drags them out of the building. Noticing how easily she's carrying both women, Batgirl ponders if Supergirl feels like every day is a dream.
After taking them to a hospital, Barbara swings back to her apartment and tries to break the loop through meditation. She tries hard, but she fails. All of sudden, Barbara gets a call from her father, who has been kidnapped.
Barbara suits up and goes to confront his kidnapper, a teenager called Martina Falcone. Martina will kill her father unless Batgirl trains her to become her successor. Batgirl is torn. What if it isn't a dream and her father is in danger after all? Batgirl decides she has to risk it. She realizes her brain designed another trap to draw her back into the loop, and her only hope is to act against her own impulses and put herself first instead of everyone else for a change. Batgirl just walks away.
Batgirl decides she needs to do something massively out-of-character to get out of the loop, so she changes clothes, meets Kai Ma, reveals she is Batgirl and kisses him. Batgirl breaks free and takes down the man who shot her.
Afterwards, Batgirl is roof-swinging at dawn, thinking maybe she is ready to break her old patterns and start out her life's next phase.
Appearing in "Strange Loop, Part Two"
- Kai Ma (Hallucination)
- May Hao (Hallucination)
- Martina Falcone (Hallucination)
- Fruit Bat (Hallucination)
- Commissioner Jim Gordon (Hallucination)
- Frankie Charles (Voice only)
- Supergirl (Mentioned only)
- Batgirl wonders if Supergirl's powers make her friend feel like she is dreaming. When Supergirl crash-lands in the middle of a blizzard in Supergirl (Volume 6) #1, the fact she isn't freezing to death makes Supergirl believe she is dreaming.
- Batgirl Recommended Reading