"Who Is Oracle? - Into the Light": In the penthouse suite of Gotham Tower, the Birds of Prey are trying to find the new Oracle. At first it appears as if they have barely missed the hacker until the man calling himself Oracle returns from the bathroom. The man int
- I think we're dealing with a stalker, not a hacker.
- — Huntress
Appearing in "Who Is Oracle? - Into the Light"
- Oracle II (First full appearance)
- Calculator (Mentioned only)
- Catwoman (Mentioned only)
- Deathstroke (Mentioned only)
- Green Arrow (Mentioned only)
- Green Lantern (Mentioned only)
- Joker (Mentioned only)
- Killer Croc (Mentioned only)
- Lady Shiva (Mentioned only)
- Ra's al Ghul (Mentioned only)
- Scarecrow (Mentioned only)
- Velvet Tiger (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Who Is Oracle? - Into the Light"
In the penthouse suite of Gotham Tower, the Birds of Prey are trying to find the new Oracle. At first it appears as if they have barely missed the hacker until the man calling himself Oracle returns from the bathroom. The man introduces himself as Gus Yale and says that he is Batgirl's biggest fan as is obvious from all the Batgirl memorabilia he has in his penthouse. At the end of his fanboy rant, Huntress wants to know what they are to do with Gus, with her preference being killing him. While they discuss what they are going to do to him, Gus explains that he was really trying to help them and all of the intel he has given to Fenice has only been to keep the playing field leveled. Batgirl rejects his reasoning and says Gus has never helped them directly, but Gus says that he did... once.
In a flashback he see a young Gus still hacking. He claims that in those days, Oracle was a legend in the hacker community. One day, he receives a message from Oracle needing files that the hacker had obtained. After that, Oracle vanished. Gus said the hacking community waited to hear what happened and had a number of theories about what had happened to Oracle, but that he was always waiting for Oracle to return. When he realized that no one knew who Oracle was, he knew that he could become the new Oracle. Selling information to Gotham's Crime families he continued to search for Oracle's true identity. Eventually he discovers that Batgirl was Oracle.
A bleep on his computer screens alerts Gus that Fenice is moving back to the warehouse where the Birds of Prey had last encountered her. Gus begs to join the Birds of Prey. While Huntress and Black Canary vote no, Batgirl agrees, except that she is going to stay behind and monitor the situation.
Huntress and Black Canary arrive at the warehouse ahead of Fenice and set a trap. While monitoring the situation, Oracle discovers that much of Gus' money has gone to charities, which causes her to change her opinion of him. Fenice arrives with Santo Cassamento at gun point. Huntress and Black Canary spring their trap and Oracle gives the order for Huntress do her part in the execution of the trap. Huntress can't do it when she realizes that Fenice is actually Maria Bertinelli, Huntress' mother!
- This book was first published on December 14, 2016.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Batgirl and the Birds of Prey Vol 1 5 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Batgirl and the Birds of Prey series
- Images from Batgirl and the Birds of Prey Vol 1 5
- Batgirl Recommended Reading