This storyline follows the Black Mask's destruction of Arkham Asylum in the Batman: Battle for the Cowl storyline. Dr. Jeremiah Arkham has rebuilt the Asylum following the design of his mad Uncle Amadeus. Intended as a model for enlightened treatment of mental illness, the building soon mutates into a torture house, and the inmates find themselves trapped in a living hell. And when Jeremiah starts hearing a voice from beyond the grave, it becomes painfully clear that the lunatics really have taken over the Asylum and he is forced to call in Batman to put down a riot.
This paperback collects the following comic books:
- Battle for the Cowl: Arkham Asylum #1 (The Place Where Beauty Lies)
- Arkham Reborn #1 (Arkham Reborn, Part 1: The Raggedy Man)
- Arkham Reborn #2 (Arkham Reborn, Part 2: Just Desserts)
- Arkham Reborn #3 (Arkham Reborn, Part 3: The Ghost in the Machine)
- Detective Comics #864 (Beneath the Mask, Part 1)
- Detective Comics #865 (Beneath the Mask, Part 2: Face Off!)
- No special notes.