The first collection of Paul Dini's mid-2000s run on Detective Comics (Volume 1), with art by J.H. Williams III, Don Kramer, and Wayne Faucher; also features one fill-in by Royal McGraw, with art by Marcos Marz and Luciana del Negro.
Unlike Grant Morrison's contemporaneous work on Batman (Volume 1), these stories are largely standalone, chronicling some of the more significant cases Batman and Robin encounter in the wake of One Year Later - among them a fashion-obsessed crime ring, the Riddler's 'reinvention' into a private detective, the Penguin's restoration of the Iceberg Lounge, and a Christmas rampage from the Joker.
Stories are drawn from the following issues:
- Detective Comics #821 (The Beautiful People)
- Detective Comics #822 (E. Nigma, Consulting Detective)
- Detective Comics #823 (Stalked)
- Detective Comics #824 (Night of the Penguin)
- Detective Comics #825 (The Return of Doctor Phosphorus)
- Detective Comics #826 (Slayride)
- No special notes.